Slow Scrolling on Max Zoom Out (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

SeriousCatNZ -> Slow Scrolling on Max Zoom Out (11/29/2017 12:08:03 AM)

After loading the FITE 2 scenario, I noticed that the only way for it to be playable, or even to orient yourself as to where you are on the Eastern Front, is to look at the map at maximum zoom out. However, scrolling is extremely slow and juttering (i.e. not smooth). I realise you can scroll the minimap, but this is wholly inadequate for a scenario this size at such a small scale.

Meyer1 -> RE: Slow Scrolling on Max Zoom Out (11/29/2017 12:20:49 AM)

Looks like the scrolling speed is measured in hexes per second, regardless the zoom level. So in FITE 2, with lots and lots of hexes, speed could be feel as really slow in the maximum zoomed out level. In my case the scrolling is smooth, besides slow. Is that related to CPU speed? (ryzen 1600 here)
The fact is that scenario is really pushing the limits...

SeriousCatNZ -> RE: Slow Scrolling on Max Zoom Out (11/29/2017 12:24:56 AM)

My CPU is a Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz and I have 16GB DDR4 RAM. It's fast enough to play Gary Grigsby's War in the East and ARMA III at medium settings with no lag.

quote:

Oh, absolutely!

Meyer1 -> RE: Slow Scrolling on Max Zoom Out (11/29/2017 12:36:19 AM)

Your system looks fine. But looking at it again, I see that the worst scroll is in the "2d small" level (which I think is the one you were referring to) which I guess is related to the fact that is the lower level that still show the counters with some detail.

larryfulkerson -> RE: Slow Scrolling on Max Zoom Out (11/29/2017 4:11:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Meyer1
Your system looks fine. But looking at it again, I see that the worst scroll is in the "2d small" level (which I think is the one you were referring to) which I guess is related to the fact that is the lower level that still show the counters with some detail.

Guys, I used to be a computer programmer and I've got a theory about it. When there's a lot more detail on the map to display it takes longer to display all of it.
What d'ya think?

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Slow Scrolling on Max Zoom Out (11/29/2017 7:56:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeriousCatNZ

My CPU is a Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz and I have 16GB DDR4 RAM. It's fast enough to play Gary Grigsby's War in the East and ARMA III at medium settings with no lag.

quote:

Oh, absolutely!

Turn multicpu=Y in the Opart4.ini.

Klink, Oberst

Werewolf13 -> RE: Slow Scrolling on Max Zoom Out (11/29/2017 9:06:01 PM)

There is no Opart4.ini file. Just an opart4 and opart4slow both of which are executables and not config. Where might the opart4.ini file be?

larryfulkerson -> RE: Slow Scrolling on Max Zoom Out (11/29/2017 10:18:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Werewolf13
There is no Opart4.ini file. Just an opart4 and opart4slow both of which are executables and not config. Where might the opart4.ini file be?

I found it.

[image]local://upfiles/16287/BC61E6952CF046438F87825B112EC62E.jpg[/image]

Meyer1 -> RE: Slow Scrolling on Max Zoom Out (11/29/2017 10:54:20 PM)

That setting doesn't seem to make any difference on my system.

SeriousCatNZ -> RE: Slow Scrolling on Max Zoom Out (11/30/2017 5:09:22 AM)

Same here. No difference. I wonder if "Opart 4.EXE" is even a 64-bit application.

However, from reading other threads in the forum I did discover there is a jump map that is activated on pressing the "J" key.

Phoenix100 -> RE: Slow Scrolling on Max Zoom Out (11/30/2017 8:56:12 AM)

Are you using the new beta? That made things a bit smoother for me.

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Slow Scrolling on Max Zoom Out (11/30/2017 10:04:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Meyer1

That setting doesn't seem to make any difference on my system.

I got 4GB RAM and use the option smallram=Y and it works OK for me; at least with D21. I am not a fan of monster scenarios anyway; I love the fact that TOAW does what it says - Operational Art of War, combined arms with Btl, Rgt size units ;)

Klink, Oberst

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI