multiplayer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

IBender -> multiplayer (11/29/2017 8:09:15 PM)

Just bought the game. Seems impressive so far. Is there multiplayer other then pbem? Can I go head to head with a friend and not use pbem but some other sort of connection?

Thanks

Oberst_Klink -> RE: multiplayer (11/29/2017 8:28:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: IBender

Just bought the game. Seems impressive so far. Is there multiplayer other then pbem? Can I go head to head with a friend and not use pbem but some other sort of connection?

Thanks

Yep! Just like as WitP AE... it's possible and fun. I for example was in charge of teh Luftwaffe at D21, whereas 3 other players were in charge of the respective Heeresgruppen (Army Groups).

Klink, Oberst

demyansk -> RE: multiplayer (11/29/2017 9:16:43 PM)

Oberst, how can you play direct? Same time against each other? It's possible?

alwaysdime -> RE: multiplayer (11/30/2017 12:35:43 AM)

I think its just PBEM or hot seat. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Oberst_Klink -> RE: multiplayer (11/30/2017 10:20:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: alwaysdime

I think its just PBEM or hot seat. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're correct; I and 3 other Jerries played D21 against the PO; I was in charge of the Luftwaffe (surprise?!) and the other 3 lads had AGN, AGC and AGS at their disposal. It requires coordination and it's kinda like a RPG on a grand scale, but also very historical.

Klink, Oberst

demyansk -> RE: multiplayer (11/30/2017 10:21:01 AM)

I wish the game had that ability just to help new players while playing them, with some save feature

Oberst_Klink -> RE: multiplayer (11/30/2017 10:25:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: demyansk

I wish the game had that ability just to help new players while playing them, with some save feature

I only can refer you to my Tutorial series I am afraid; looking at the positive response (nearly 2,000 hits), a lot of newbies and even old salts seem to find them as entertaining as useful. I made sure that I posted all the saves, so players can pick up from each turn. Another one, Tutorial '43 is in the making; it will deal (still, suggestions are welcome!) with the combined arms concept, in particular of how a German Inf.Div. prepares (from the outset) an effective defence against a Soviet Tank Corps. So, engineering, terrain evaluation, reserves, as well as how to combine artillery etc. into the defence plan.

Klink, Oberst

[image]local://upfiles/28259/3AF8C815983D48839FEBFF94BD7D39E2.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI