Saving game to flash drive? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

John Corrigan -> Saving game to flash drive? (11/29/2017 10:46:36 PM)

Is there a way to save a game of WIPAE to a flash drive? I've tried experimenting but can't re-load it.

witpqs -> RE: Saving game to flash drive? (11/29/2017 11:24:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Benteen

Is there a way to save a game of WIPAE to a flash drive? I've tried experimenting but can't re-load it.

Just copy the file. It's no different than emailing it which we do all the time.

BBfanboy -> RE: Saving game to flash drive? (11/29/2017 11:37:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Benteen

Are we talking saving the game turn files or the game engine installation and all ancillary files?

John Corrigan -> RE: Saving game to flash drive? (11/29/2017 11:45:17 PM)

Help a guy out here. I've never emailed it. There is nothing in the manual about it. I believe if I right click on the shortcut and go to "open file location" I can then drop down to SAVE and double click on that it will show me the files. If I've saved the game to slot 6 I can find Wpae006 and right click on it then select SEND TO and then my flash drive. It appears to save the file. But how do I open the file when I'm starting up the game? If I go to the shortcut and right click on open file location then double click on the saved file it says Error: Unable to find pw data. What am I doing wrong?

John Corrigan -> RE: Saving game to flash drive? (11/29/2017 11:57:49 PM)

Hi BBfanboy, I want to be able to move a current game to another PC with WIPAE on it. Or have it be my backup file incase my present PC crashes. (which has happened and I lost the game I'd been working on for a year). Thanks for the reply btw!

BBfanboy -> RE: Saving game to flash drive? (11/29/2017 11:58:38 PM)

AFAIK your save files must be in a sub-folder of the game installation. I have never seen a place where you can redirect the game engine to find the save files in a different folder, let alone a new drive device (carrying a different starting letter like F:\.
But if you want to create some C: drive space you can copy all of your saved game files over to your flash drive and once that is confirmed successful, delete the ones you are not currently accessing from your SAVE folder in WITPAE.

rustysi -> RE: Saving game to flash drive? (11/30/2017 12:18:02 AM)

OK, open up your 'C' drive and whatever device you flash drive is. Create a folder on your flash drive. Find the correct save file on your 'C' drive Drag and drop it into the folder you created on your flask drive. Your done. Do it all the time, well almost. Hadn't done it in a bit, system crashed, lost about a month of game time. Oh, well.[;)]

To recover reverse the process.

Ciao

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI