ramming speed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Mare Nostrvm

vaalen -> ramming speed (12/1/2017 7:04:47 PM)

I have not been able to find an answer to this in the manual.

Often, when I want to ram a ship, the enemy ship is within four hexes, and the line remains green when I place the ram cursor on the target vessel. Will my ship use ramming speed in this instance?

And if it will not, how do i get to using ramming speed, if the enemy vessel is four or less hexes away?

And help will be appreciated.

fornost -> RE: ramming speed (12/1/2017 8:31:50 PM)

Hi Vaalen,

even if your target is at 4 hexes, if you want to go to full speed, you can select an hex past the target making sure that the line turns red and that it goes through the hex your enemy is. Of course, if your target it's not immobilized, it might not be there when your ship arrives, but at full speed it will arrive sooner ;)

Zorch -> RE: ramming speed (12/1/2017 8:35:50 PM)

Ramming Speed! should have been the game title.

vaalen -> RE: ramming speed (12/1/2017 11:57:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fornost

Hi Vaalen,

even if your target is at 4 hexes, if you want to go to full speed, you can select an hex past the target making sure that the line turns red and that it goes through the hex your enemy is. Of course, if your target it's not immobilized, it might not be there when your ship arrives, but at full speed it will arrive sooner ;)

Hi Fornost,

Thanks for your clear answer. i now know what to do.

vaalen -> RE: ramming speed (12/2/2017 2:17:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Ramming Speed! should have been the game title.

Maybe you can use that title for your next game, the one you are going to do on the galley wars between the Turks and the Christian nations in the sixteenth century.

At least, i hope you will do a game like this.

Niessuh -> RE: ramming speed (12/4/2017 7:48:27 AM)

That is an interesting period and warfare is quite similar, although there was a change in which the artillery began to dominate naval combat

vaalen -> RE: ramming speed (12/6/2017 7:43:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Turnopia

That is an interesting period and warfare is quite similar, although there was a change in which the artillery began to dominate naval combat

True, but that does add another area of engagement. It would be awesome to see a good representation of Lepanto and similar battles.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI