PO problems (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support

derwho -> PO problems (12/1/2017 8:26:18 PM)

One of the greatest things I've always liked about TOAW is that the PO is so tough. I've burned maybe something like 2,000 hours against it. This was one of the major motivations for me to purhcase TOAW IV.

I think there is something wrong with the PO in some scenarios, specifically:

- Tarawa (PO as the US)
- Highway to Helsinki (as the Russians)

The PO doesn't seem to somehow initialize and it just fiddles with itself and just moves troops around it's own sector never actually launching the assault.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: PO problems (12/2/2017 12:32:16 AM)

Highway to Helsinki - I let the PO run the Soviets, turn 1 it made some para drops [as seen on the mini-map], turn 2 when the exclusion zone dropped the PO came across the border in force. So, for two turns I don't see what you are saying. How far did you play, and did you see similar results as these for the first two turns ?

[image]local://upfiles/24850/FC89C9AD8CB14AD6BAC28667555631C4.jpg[/image]

derwho -> RE: PO problems (12/3/2017 11:27:16 AM)

Interesting, I now gave it another try and now the PO drops the paras on Turn #1 just as it should.

Oberst_Klink -> RE: PO problems (12/3/2017 12:02:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: drwho

Interesting, I now gave it another try and now the PO drops the paras on Turn #1 just as it should.

What really did improve, I tested it out, is the rail repair and bridge repair algo; if the PO got proper presets of orders or the units, he real does do its ob.

Klink, Oberst

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI