Pure transport units (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

JapLance -> Pure transport units (12/3/2017 4:06:10 PM)

Through my long time playing the different iterations of TOAW I've found some scenarios that have those units exclusively made of transport (trucks, halftracks, horses etc).

I know that these units help in increasing the general supply level (as long as they don't move) through the transport asset sharing. But my question is about positioning. Is there any benefit in keeping them close to the front, or is it better having them as far as possible from the enemy so they are less likely to be detected and bombed?

[image]local://upfiles/8062/88E120C9BB6842328AB876FBD74E350E.jpg[/image]

larryfulkerson -> RE: Pure transport units (12/3/2017 4:43:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JapLance
Through my long time playing the different iterations of TOAW I've found some scenarios that have
those units exclusively made of transport (trucks, halftracks, horses etc).

I know that these units help in increasing the general supply level (as long as they don't move)
through the transport asset sharing. But my question is about positioning. Is there any benefit
in keeping them close to the front, or is it better having them as far as possible from the enemy
so they are less likely to be detected and bombed?

The scenario Campaign for South Vietnam has similar pure transport units parked in Guam
while the war is going on in South Vietnam. I think it's a good idea to keep them out of harm's way.

Silvanski -> RE: Pure transport units (12/3/2017 4:45:52 PM)

Correct. Unused transport assets (that is, from units NOT in local or tactical reserve) will benefit your force supply level

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Pure transport units (12/3/2017 5:19:09 PM)

See my Tutorial '42. ;)

Klink, Oberst

JapLance -> RE: Pure transport units (12/4/2017 6:32:24 AM)

Thank all for the answers [sm=sign0031.gif].

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI