Is the Chinese Civil War in the game or not? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

Laskaris -> Is the Chinese Civil War in the game or not? (12/5/2017 11:29:08 AM)

In the "Operational Art of War IV 5-6 PM CEST" video posted by Slitherine on 4th October 2017, the game is demonstrated using a "Chinese Civil War 1946-1950" scenario. However, I can't find that scenario in the PDF with the official scenario list. Can somebody please tell me if it is in the game or not?

I am asking because I am specifically interested in the Chinese Civil War, a war that is very rarely modelled in games.

JapLance -> RE: Is the Chinese Civil War in the game or not? (12/5/2017 12:30:02 PM)

I couldn't find it either.

I found the video you mention and in the description it's listed as a TOAW 3 scenario and scenario version 0.1.4e (PBEM only), so maybe it was not a fully working version and it didn't make the cut to release. Just guessing here

gbaby -> RE: Is the Chinese Civil War in the game or not? (12/5/2017 12:31:24 PM)

It didn't make it in time to be included with the game, but it is available in the scenario section...

Chinese Civil War 1946-1950

Spectre195 -> RE: Is the Chinese Civil War in the game or not? (12/5/2017 2:24:03 PM)

It didn't make it into the final official list, but it available to download. Thing to note that the others didn't point out in case you are new. Most of the scenarios, the official ones, originate from the community, so the community version you can download is what was intended to be in the official list but for whatever reason didn't make it in.

Laskaris -> RE: Is the Chinese Civil War in the game or not? (12/5/2017 2:24:50 PM)

I see. So it is playable, but not a fully finished scenario. Pity.

Thanks for the info.

NikolaiEzhov -> RE: Is the Chinese Civil War in the game or not? (12/5/2017 11:07:49 PM)

The author A123 didn't finish the scenario in time so he subscribed this scenario as a customed scenario.
It can be downloaded at:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4377913

BUT it is not finished yet.

NikolaiEzhov -> RE: Is the Chinese Civil War in the game or not? (12/5/2017 11:13:51 PM)

The Chinese Civil War was a really complicated conflict, and some of its main events (e.g., uprising/defection of ROCNA forces, PLA replacements converted from ROCNA POW/captured equipment, rapidly changed ROCNA/PLA designation/TO&E) can not be proper simulated in TOAW. As a result I don't have an optimistic view about this scenario.

A123 -> RE: Is the Chinese Civil War in the game or not? (12/6/2017 7:02:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Laskaris

In the "Operational Art of War IV 5-6 PM CEST" video posted by Slitherine on 4th October 2017, the game is demonstrated using a "Chinese Civil War 1946-1950" scenario. However, I can't find that scenario in the PDF with the official scenario list. Can somebody please tell me if it is in the game or not?

I am asking because I am specifically interested in the Chinese Civil War, a war that is very rarely modelled in games.

Hi, I am the designer of the scenario.
If you have any questions regarding to this scenario, you can post it here
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4377913
or e-mail me at 3415097089@qq.com

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI