Any good strategies for Tannenberg 1914? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

Spectre195 -> Any good strategies for Tannenberg 1914? (12/11/2017 12:49:05 PM)

I am new to TOAW in general, and working my way through the tutorials. I beat Kasserine with a significant victory as the Germans, now I am trying to beat Tannberg as the Germans (against the PO)....but there is so many damn Russians. I don't know what to do. Also so many angles they come from. I can't seem to cover all the approaches.

The description of the scenario sounds like I need to be on the offensive to beat them back before I build up, but then I get pushed out and they find a hole in my line and slide in. Then I fall back and everything is a mess. The Northern part of the map is where I am really struggling. I think I am fine down south around actual Tannenberg, and Whillamsburg(?). But I just don't have enough troops up North.

Are there any good typical strategies for this scenario?

Tamas -> RE: Any good strategies for Tannenberg 1914? (12/11/2017 12:53:54 PM)

When you select the Tannenberg scenario, the rightmost button below should become active, showing a clipboard. It will open the scenario documentation that discusses the strategy to follow.

Spectre195 -> RE: Any good strategies for Tannenberg 1914? (12/11/2017 1:30:29 PM)

Oh didn't know that! Will have to take a look tonight. Thanks!

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Any good strategies for Tannenberg 1914? (12/11/2017 1:52:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spectre195

Oh didn't know that! Will have to take a look tonight. Thanks!

And some more insights from some post war (WW1) USAAF college studies paper...

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a144263.pdf

Klink, Oberst

Spectre195 -> RE: Any good strategies for Tannenberg 1914? (12/11/2017 2:09:44 PM)

Oh wow this is really cool. Will have to check it out.

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Any good strategies for Tannenberg 1914? (12/11/2017 4:30:44 PM)

quote:

In fact... I am more than inclined to PBEM challenge you. I can play the Russen. Alas, we have to do it the old way; dropboxing the .SAL files because... for some reason, I can't access the PBEM server :D

Klink, Oberst

Spectre195 -> RE: Any good strategies for Tannenberg 1914? (12/11/2017 8:38:58 PM)

Oh my haven't played a real person yet. If you wanna stomp a noob, I would be glad to provide the ego boost haha

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Any good strategies for Tannenberg 1914? (12/12/2017 4:13:07 PM)

quote:

Oh my haven't played a real person yet. If you wanna stomp a noob, I would be glad to provide the ego boost haha

Ain't about 'stomping a n00b'... It's more like to give you also insights from a person and what we call in German 'Manöverkritik' (joint military debriefing) at the end of it. I barely play the game, hard to believe, eh? Just creating tutorials LOL.

Klink, Oberst

DanNeely -> RE: Any good strategies for Tannenberg 1914? (12/12/2017 11:05:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

quote:

In fact... I am more than inclined to PBEM challenge you. I can play the Russen. Alas, we have to do it the old way; dropboxing the .SAL files because... for some reason, I can't access the PBEM server :D

Klink, Oberst

"PBEM" "old way" "dropboxing"

Kids these days!

GIT AWWF MAH LAAWN!!!

Back in my day Play By Electronic Mail meant just that, and we liked it just the way it was.

A drop box was where you put the envelope holding a floppy with your save on for the postman to deliver to your opponent if they didn't have the internet.

[:D]

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Any good strategies for Tannenberg 1914? (12/13/2017 8:02:03 AM)

Dan

I grew up with the C=64 and my 1st SSI title was Kampfgruppe :P~

Klink, Oberst

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI