Inconsistent (incorrect?) behavior of Unit/Location buttons in dialogs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support

JPJ -> Inconsistent (incorrect?) behavior of Unit/Location buttons in dialogs (12/16/2017 12:29:56 AM)

I'm noticing inconsistent / incorrect behavior of the Unit/Location buttons to show a unit's location in some dialogs.
I mentioned this deep in two other threads but merge them here as they are related and give more details. I'm in [4.0.1.22].

1. Location button in Combat Results (issue with white circles) (taken from here #2):

Clicking on a Location button in the Combat Results shows the location with a white circle, but not consistently. If I click while the unit is visible on the map, then the white circle appears immediately after one click. But if the location is not visible (and the map has to move there), then there is no white circle after the first click and I must click the button again to see the circle. I would expect to see the white circle after one click in each case.

Example: Attached a saved file with this situation set up. Open it and open the Combat Results, there are results for three hexes A (12,5), B (14,8) and C (17,16). My screen is 1920x1080 and if I zoom in then A and B are close to each other while C is not visible.
(a) Click on the Location buttons of A and B alternately; each time the white circle appears after one click.
(b) Then click on C; the map scrolls but there is no white circle.
(c) Click again on C; now the white circle appears.
(d) Then click on A or B; the map scrolls back but there is no white circle.
(e) Click again to show the circle. Etc.

Issue with Unit buttons in Recent Reinforcements/OOB Units dialogs (taken from here #12):

2. Unit button in the Recent Reinforcements dialog:
- Left-click moves the map and selects the unit (yellow ring).
- Right-click moves the map, selects the unit (yellow ring) and also opens its Unit Report.
This makes sense, but it's different from the next one:

3. Unit button in the OOB Units dialog:
- Left-click does not move the map, there is no click sound, and only closes the OOB Unit dialog. After the dialog closes, I can center on the clicked unit with 5 but it has a grey ring(?), no yellow ring.
- Right-click moves the map and opens the Unit Report, but the clicked unit also has a grey ring(?); again, I see no yellow ring but can center on that unit with 5.

3 behaves differently from 2 and it appears the rings (unit selection) are not correct.

---
EDIT: addition for case 3:
Suppose two units A and B in two different formations. When I have selected (yellow ring) unit A on the map, and click on the Unit button of Unit B in the OOB Units dialogs, then the units in B's formation get gray rings and B appears in the Unit Panel, but the yellow ring is still around unit A. Clicking "5" also centers on B with the gray ring, not on A with the yellow ring. So, the yellow and gray rings appear on units in different formations.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI