What is "Event Variable Value" (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

Beruldsen -> What is "Event Variable Value" (12/16/2017 1:58:36 PM)

In playing the Nach Frankreich(t) my Situation Briefing has an "Event Variable Value" of 2. What does this mean?

larryfulkerson -> RE: What is "Event Variable Value" (12/16/2017 2:09:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beruldsen
In playing the Nach Frankreich(t) my Situation Briefing has an "Event Variable Value" of 2. What does this mean?

The game engine uses a lot of variables for keeping track of things and one of them is the EEV and the scenario
designer can add or subtract from this variable, so it can be used to trigger events in the game. CSV uses the EEV
to determine when the US forces have to start their stand-down (Withdrawl from Vietnam ). I'm not much of a scenario
designer, I'm just getting my feet wet, and I haven't used it for anything yet but it's available if I need to remember
a value or track some condition in the game ( morale, readiness, supply, etc. ). I'll quit now because I'm starting
to sound like a broken record.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: What is "Event Variable Value" (12/16/2017 6:20:11 PM)

Hi Beruldsen - I did not want to clutter our brains with more stuff, so I left out mention of the 'EEV' in this scenario. It is applied to what is seen below. Prior to TOAW IV the EEV was not displayed, but now that it is I suppose I should amend this paragraph. Thanks for pointing it out!

Belgium:
Belgian surrender is triggered by the taking of most of Belgium. Technically, in TOAW terms, there are 37 locations that start at the Ligne KW Line and move west from there. When 25 of these locations have been captured by the Germans, the Belgians will surrender. The capture of locations is announced in the news strings so that the player can keep track of progress. The Allied Supply Point at Brussels is removed if Belgium surrenders.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI