Specific Hyperdrive Engine used by one ship only (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

rjord2021 -> Specific Hyperdrive Engine used by one ship only (12/21/2017 4:16:45 PM)

In my mod I have created a Hyperdrive Engine which is to be used by the Death Star and no other ships.
This is because the Death Star will travel slowly compared to other ships.

I am looking at how to do this but assume I would use research which creates a new component which is used in the Death Star only.

Just having difficulty specifying the Death Star should use Hyperdrive B and not Hyperdrive A used by other ships.

Rosbjerg -> RE: Specific Hyperdrive Engine used by one ship only (12/22/2017 10:38:07 AM)

For the AI I believe you can do it by specifying that the template for the Deathstar should use a specific component and lock the component to the race that can build it. As for the player, I don't think you can lock down which components they can use.

In canon however, doesn't the DS use regular hyperdrive though?

rjord2021 -> RE: Specific Hyperdrive Engine used by one ship only (12/22/2017 3:22:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosbjerg

For the AI I believe you can do it by specifying that the template for the Deathstar should use a specific component and lock the component to the race that can build it. As for the player, I don't think you can lock down which components they can use.

In canon however, doesn't the DS use regular hyperdrive though?

Yes it is true however the Death Star travels at 12% of the speed of the Millennium Falcon and I am tying to slow down the speed it travels. I am also hoping to have other ships at different speeds and have up to 30 different hyperdrives i can use.

In theory the Death Star would be the only one using a specific hyperdrive as no other ships are as slow going through hyperspace.

As seen below the Death Star is 12.5% the speed of the Falcon, agreeing with data from another source, so am happy these figures are correct.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tie Fighters (Twin Ion Engine - No Hyperdrive) ....... 4,100 G
Death Star (Sepma 30-5 sublight engines).......... 1,142,500 C
Imperial Class Star Destroyer II (Ion Engine)..... 2,285,000 C
X-wing T-65 Starfighter (hyperdrive) ............. 4,570,000 C
Slave 1 (Ion Engines) ............................ 6,500,000 C
Millennium Falcon ( Class 0.5 Hyperdrive) ........ 9,130,000 C

soulcatcher357 -> RE: Specific Hyperdrive Engine used by one ship only (1/9/2018 10:19:48 AM)

Try making the component really large and at a higher tech level. The engine always puts the best hyperdrive on your designs if you are using automation. Wish components had a flag for base only. I meant to test this at some point.

You could load less fuel, and it would run at minimum Hyperdrive speeds - so It's average speed would be limited.

------------------
B5 Wars Author

soulcatcher357 -> RE: Specific Hyperdrive Engine used by one ship only (4/14/2018 8:45:19 PM)

Duh, Idea hit me just now: Add a custom resource and edit the game to only have enough to make 1 Death Star. Call it Soulcatcherium. Also edit the component hyperdrive to only have that amount and the research project to be the highest tech level.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI