TOAW4 Play Modes? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

Omnius -> TOAW4 Play Modes? (12/22/2017 8:51:36 PM)

I'm wondering about what play mode options we'll have for TOAW4. Can we play hotseat mode where we can play solitaire if we wish? If not does the PBEM ++ mode allow us to play PBEM against ourselves? I really hate having to deal with a server where we're not allowed to play PBEM solitaire unless we buy a second game and create a second account like Commander The Great War. Also is there an AI vs AI capability like we had in TOAW2? The AI vs AI mode is invaluable in helping to test out AI setup and play very quickly for when we edit or create new scenarios. I remember the good old days when hotseat and AI vs AI were standard fare, hate the new games that lack either of these. I always loved getting a new game and installing it to watch the AI play itself in some scenario while I read the manual.

Meyer1 -> RE: TOAW4 Play Modes? (12/23/2017 12:04:17 AM)

Hotseat is there, AI vs AI too... not sure about PBEM with yourself, since I don't PBEM, but I don't see how that would not work.

Omnius -> RE: TOAW4 Play Modes? (12/23/2017 8:26:11 PM)

Meyer1,
Since there is hotseat and AI vs AI there's no need for PBEM solitaire. Thanks for the important info that's missing from the main product info page. They really need to be better about telling us when games have hotseat or AI vs AI modes.

JPJ -> RE: TOAW4 Play Modes? (12/26/2017 12:34:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omnius

Thanks for the important info that's missing from the main product info page. They really need to be better about telling us when games have hotseat or AI vs AI modes.

It's there actually.
In case you didn't get (or give) TOAW IV for Christmas already, you'll find a download link to the full manual on the product page to preview such details and the depth of play.
About play modes on page 9.

[image]local://upfiles/57283/2A33AD0CFF4449B39362F8F965A1A86A.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI