Unit movement paths are no longer visible (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support

Lav2566 -> Unit movement paths are no longer visible (12/23/2017 12:32:55 PM)

This issue pertains to operational art of war four. Unit movement paths are no longer visible when I'm trying to move a unit on the map. Usually, it helps me calculate my path indicates the cost of movement. Yes, the option for floating and visible has been attempted.

Secondly, when I went into the editor, on a clean new map, I am unable to place any terrain or anything from the map legend. What is odd, when I click on the properties button, and then click out of properties, the terrain that I placed appears.

JPJ -> RE: Unit movement paths are no longer visible (12/23/2017 12:57:51 PM)

Hello Lav2566, welcome to the forum!

This is a guess, please make sure you have No Update = Off (in Play > Player Options page 2).

Having No Update set to On on my pc causes similar two phenomenons as you see. (If On then in the game movement paths are not visible, and in the editor terrain is not visible after placing it until that part of the map is refreshed).

You probably don't need No Update. Manual page 14, No Update: Meant for computer vs computer play when trying to tune the PO. This should only be set to that for that purpose, it can lead to units not moving on the map and other issues.

[image]local://upfiles/57283/53C93A6A78CA44D39C19F30BE171D479.jpg[/image]

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Unit movement paths are no longer visible (12/23/2017 1:46:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lav2566

This issue pertains to operational art of war four. Unit movement paths are no longer visible when I'm trying to move a unit on the map. Usually, it helps me calculate my path indicates the cost of movement. Yes, the option for floating and visible has been attempted.

Secondly, when I went into the editor, on a clean new map, I am unable to place any terrain or anything from the map legend. What is odd, when I click on the properties button, and then click out of properties, the terrain that I placed appears.

John

on-top of JPJ's suggestions, you did update to the latest beta, 4.0.1.23, aye?

Klink, Oberst

Lav2566 -> RE: Unit movement paths are no longer visible (12/23/2017 5:24:30 PM)

Roger that Trooper. [:)], easy fix. Thank you...Lav2566 out.

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Unit movement paths are no longer visible (12/23/2017 5:40:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lav2566

Roger that Trooper. [:)], easy fix. Thank you...Lav2566 out.

Klink clear.

Major Shane -> RE: Unit movement paths are no longer visible (12/23/2017 8:53:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JPJ

Hello Lav2566, welcome to the forum!

This is a guess, please make sure you have No Update = Off (in Play > Player Options page 2).

Having No Update set to On on my pc causes similar two phenomenons as you see. (If On then in the game movement paths are not visible, and in the editor terrain is not visible after placing it until that part of the map is refreshed).

You probably don't need No Update. Manual page 14, No Update: Meant for computer vs computer play when trying to tune the PO. This should only be set to that for that purpose, it can lead to units not moving on the map and other issues.

[image]local://upfiles/57283/53C93A6A78CA44D39C19F30BE171D479.jpg[/image]

I had the same issue and your suggestion worked. Update button is off and movement tracks are back. Thanks.[&o]

Rayak -> RE: Unit movement paths are no longer visible (12/24/2017 3:03:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Major Shane
I had the same issue and your suggestion worked. Update button is off and movement tracks are back. Thanks.[&o]

Same trouble solved for me too: thanks [:'(]
(On my laptop only, not on my desktop [&:])

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI