Extended Map Issues (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

BreadAstaire -> Extended Map Issues (1/4/2018 4:18:58 PM)

New computer,now can not get extended map loaded properly.

is there a youtube video I cant locate?

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thank you

BBfanboy -> RE: Extended Map Issues (1/4/2018 4:27:20 PM)

Extended map will only work with DBB scenarios and derivatives AFAIK.
For sure the lower numbered stock scenarios do not work with it.
The DBB site with the extended map explains what you need to download pretty well. One of the key points was to swap out the data files so that the map picture matches the underlying data that the game engine actually uses.

BreadAstaire -> RE: Extended Map Issues (1/4/2018 4:36:36 PM)

i believe it is the swapping files that has got me.....i can not open the readme file, so going by memory from years ago....with the expected results

BBfanboy -> RE: Extended Map Issues (1/4/2018 9:39:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Breadguru

i believe it is the swapping files that has got me.....i can not open the readme file, so going by memory from years ago....with the expected results

Just remembered another tripping point - there is also another data factor: some maps have extended stacking limits to every hex.
So there are four maps: Stock without stacking, stock with stacking limits, Extended without stacking limits and Extended with stacking limits.
Each map has different supporting data files.
On top of that, if you tried to download and swap in ChemKid's beautiful map images you have lots of points where you can get the wrong match-up.
I don't use the extended map nor extended stacking limits so I cannot be much more help on showing what to do.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI