Dynamic Campaigns? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985

Megalomatrix -> Dynamic Campaigns? (1/18/2018 5:39:34 PM)

Hi -

I believe I got into this really early on in the life of CSME: Does it have dynamic campaigns like older titles (West Front, East Front, Rising Sun)?

Thanks!

berto -> RE: Dynamic Campaigns? (1/18/2018 6:00:14 PM)

No, it was thought, because the forces and battle areas are relatively smaller and the conflicts briefer, that DCGs don't make sense in the Middle East context. There are several LCGs, however.

DCGs will return in future games, where appropriate (certainly in EF III etc.).

athineos -> RE: Dynamic Campaigns? (1/18/2018 6:54:20 PM)

Any DCGs planned for Vietnam?

Crossroads -> RE: Dynamic Campaigns? (1/18/2018 7:20:17 PM)

DCGs require a pretty serious revamp of the front end code where the campaign logic is. We're not sure if it can make it to Vietnam 1.0, so the guess is that it hopefully makes it to East Front 1.0 at least.

From there, it should become available in an update to previous game titles too, including Middle East.

Megalomatrix -> RE: Dynamic Campaigns? (1/18/2018 8:34:33 PM)

Thanks - I appreciate the feedback. It's one of those things I guess that will have its die-hard fans. If I can make any surging speech or plea that would affect the fate of Vietnam....(insert). I can only give my perspective as a gamer, but it's a huge selling point for me. I can sure imagine the coding headache though...

Jason Petho -> RE: Dynamic Campaigns? (1/18/2018 8:42:07 PM)

There will be linked campaigns though!

alwaysdime -> RE: Dynamic Campaigns? (1/18/2018 9:43:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

DCGs require a pretty serious revamp of the front end code where the campaign logic is. We're not sure if it can make it to Vietnam 1.0, so the guess is that it hopefully makes it to East Front 1.0 at least.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought both titles were winter 2018. Is Vietnam coming out before East Front 3? Getting it in one game but not the other makes it sound like a greater period of time between the 2 releases.

Jason Petho -> RE: Dynamic Campaigns? (1/18/2018 10:18:44 PM)

Vietnam is coming in the summer, east Front III in the winter

scaz -> RE: Dynamic Campaigns? (1/18/2018 11:10:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

Vietnam is coming in the summer, east Front III in the winter

East front III will use this new engine?

Jason Petho -> RE: Dynamic Campaigns? (1/19/2018 12:24:02 AM)

Yes, it will!

alwaysdime -> RE: Dynamic Campaigns? (1/19/2018 12:28:33 AM)

Glad to hear Vietnam is coming sooner rather than later. Vietnam hasn't been explored much in the war gaming genre so it will feel more fresh than just another WW2 update. Of course I will be getting them all but that's besides the point.

Jason Petho -> RE: Dynamic Campaigns? (1/19/2018 12:40:30 AM)

On a personal note, I’m very excited about Vietnam and the potential scenarios and campaign possibilites.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI