Air Staff Assistant (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support

Pax25 -> Air Staff Assistant (1/18/2018 9:41:03 PM)

I'm pretty sure this was reported before, but it's still happening.

I like to play most scenarios with my Air Staff Assistant off. However, in at least one of my online games it keeps turning back on at seemingly random times.

warspite1 -> RE: Air Staff Assistant (1/19/2018 4:22:40 AM)

This is happening to me too in a PBEM game. Every turn I have to turn the assistant back off and re-set my orders.

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Air Staff Assistant (1/19/2018 5:12:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

This is happening to me too in a PBEM game. Every turn I have to turn the assistant back off and re-set my orders.

One way to 'solve' that issue, or at last a workaround...make the Opart4.ini 'read-only'; in theory, the flag for the air-assistant should not change from N to Y.

Klink, Oberst

larryfulkerson -> RE: Air Staff Assistant (1/19/2018 3:46:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink
quote:

One way to 'solve' that issue, or at last a workaround...make the Opart4.ini 'read-only'; in theory, the flag for the air-assistant should not change from N to Y.
Klink, Oberst

The only thing wrong with this workaround is that TOAW IV writes a new Opart4.ini file everytime
it closes.

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Air Staff Assistant (1/19/2018 5:02:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink
quote:

Klink, Oberst

The only thing wrong with this workaround is that TOAW IV writes a new Opart4.ini file everytime
it closes.

Well... see, it pays off to have an uncle in AZ ;) B*gger, didn't think about that one, Onkel Larry.

Klink, Oberst

IainF -> RE: Air Staff Assistant (1/21/2018 12:46:03 PM)

I've noticed it happening in my PBEM game of the same campaign too. I always check my air units at the start of the move and have noticed that their missions have changed by the end of the move. It is a bit of a pain and would be even less of a pain if the Air Assistant wasn't such a numpty, it was trying to use some of my SM.79's in Air Superiority missions, fun for my opponent but not really for me!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI