Pbem bids (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

KorutZelva -> Pbem bids (1/22/2018 4:54:27 PM)

Back in the SC 1 days, the game was also Axis slanted but player found a way to balance things out. Each player would bid to play Axis. The bidding fund would go towards the allies starting mpp along the following formula:

Bid * 1:5:20 (UK/USA/USSR)

At the highest level of play, player would routinely bid over 220 to play Axis.

Now it's all handled by the servers so we can't edit files to balance the sides like that. I was wondering how much headache it would be to introduce something like that as an option for PBEM?

Giovanni705 -> RE: Pbem bids (1/22/2018 5:10:15 PM)

Nice Idea
What about a simpler one? Simply give URSS a few hundreds more MPP at start and the game is balanced...

KorutZelva -> RE: Pbem bids (1/22/2018 5:19:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Giovanni705

Nice Idea
What about a simpler one? Simply give URSS a few hundreds more MPP at start and the game is balanced...

Of course, it wouldn't have to be the same distribution scheme as SC 1. USSR is seen as the weaker link right now, so giving bid value 1:1 to USSR solely may do the trick. However, I'm thinking UK might need some love to cope with harsher U-boat rule and NA shenanigans.

Taxman66 -> RE: Pbem bids (1/22/2018 7:24:58 PM)

A similar discussion came up before.

You can negative reverse bid by having the player who sets up the game turn on a script(s) that stagnate some of Germany's MPP production centers activation.

ikrananka -> RE: Pbem bids (1/22/2018 8:22:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66
You can negative reverse bid by having the player who sets up the game turn on a script(s) that stagnate some of Germany's MPP production centers activation.

I hope this isn't something you've done in our game [&:]

Taxman66 -> RE: Pbem bids (1/22/2018 8:49:16 PM)

No, I would never.
You would already have known BTW by having smaller than expected income.

ikrananka -> RE: Pbem bids (1/22/2018 8:54:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

No, I would never.
You would already have known BTW by having smaller than expected income.

Sorry, I should have chosen a different emoticon as I was just kidding. I didn't believe for a moment that you would have.

Anyway, lots of interesting discussions taking place. I have a LOT to learn !!!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI