Question about armor (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

TyeeBanzai -> Question about armor (1/24/2018 7:38:21 PM)

I was just wondering how the armor system works.

Here is what I have deduced so far-

"None"- no armor

"Special"- composite or ERA

I am wondering if there is a real fixed scale for the "Light-Medium-Heavy" or if it is relative to the type of vehicle.

I ask as I am planning to make suggestions regarding some changes to Soviet armor in the CWDB.

kevinkins -> RE: Question about armor (1/24/2018 9:31:28 PM)

Hi and welcome ... Command is not a ground warfare sim at present. Consider what you see in the database as fairly accurate representatives of a period's ground formations. They are formations scenario designers can use as targets and move around a bit to make the overall battle more interesting. Ground formations are not "eye candy" and can be very important in when designed into a scenario correctly. But ground warfare is not the focus of Command. For sure not sweeping tank battles. But soon it could very well be much more important since it is on the developer's to do list.

Kevin

TyeeBanzai -> RE: Question about armor (1/26/2018 2:14:28 AM)

I know its not detailed. But it is what it is, and I don't mind the simplicity.

I hope that now that we have cargo operations, the cargo itself will get an update soon!

rmunie0613 -> RE: Question about armor (1/28/2018 7:43:12 PM)

I understood the original post to reference a ship's armor listing rather than the Army use of "armor"- tank units.

In reply- only my own observations, I think there is a standard- so that "heavy armor" would be the same whether used on a battleship or a destroyer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI