I would like to watch the comp vs comp play without having those pop up messages stop everything ! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985

beserko -> I would like to watch the comp vs comp play without having those pop up messages stop everything ! (1/26/2018 6:15:09 PM)

I like to use it as a screen saver. Any way to stop it from displaying those messages that stop everything like reinforcements and new turn stuff ?? It Used to be alt or ctl C.
I just want it to play without stopping. I have yet to get the replay working. Is that a possibility? That would be fine as long is I don't have to babysit this program while I am trying to get things done. Watching the news just gives me an ulcer. I would rather watch this
I just found my old 1st edition of Gettysburg and my old Manual! I can play it in DOS BOX
It still works and its like 27 years old I think. I can check ? [;)]

berto -> RE: I would like to watch the comp vs comp play without having those pop up messages stop everything ! (1/26/2018 6:52:06 PM)

You can run the game in AI vs. AI auto-test mode, completely hands-off from start to finish, via this technique:

[image]local://upfiles/5869/323392C7F873458BBB9F96D555AFA977.jpg[/image]

beserko -> RE: I would like to watch the comp vs comp play without having those pop up messages stop everything ! (1/26/2018 8:51:57 PM)

seems good but I am still having trouble getting the syntax to work in DOS (I know XMS and EMS so I think I know my way around). I can get the meengine.exe to work but it bails on the scenario file. Doesn't recognise the bat. file
my dir is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Campaign Series Middle East
The one I got to work still wants me to hit the enter bar
what about the scenario dir ?
Oh, BTW this has been my Holy Grail for years and nobody has ever had a clue so I hope this works. Will it work on other Tiller titles ?
Many Thanks ![&o]

berto -> RE: I would like to watch the comp vs comp play without having those pop up messages stop everything ! (1/26/2018 10:13:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: beserko

seems good but I am still having trouble getting the syntax to work in DOS (I know XMS and EMS so I think I know my way around). I can get the meengine.exe to work but it bails on the scenario file. Doesn't recognise the bat. file

"the bat. file"? I don't understand where any .bat file comes into play here.

quote:

my dir is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Campaign Series Middle East

Shouldn't make any difference. So long as you open a Command Prompt window and cd to the game folder, it should be fine.

quote:

The one I got to work still wants me to hit the enter bar

You mean to execute the 'meengine.exe ...' command? Or after the game has launched?

quote:

what about the scenario dir ?

Shouldn't be necessary to specify.

quote:

Oh, BTW this has been my Holy Grail for years and nobody has ever had a clue so I hope this works. Will it work on other Tiller titles ?

For any PzB title, and any updated CWB game, yes, this auto-test technique should work also (although for the JTS titles you do need to specify the Scenarios folder, IIRC).

quote:

Many Thanks ![&o]

Glad you appreciate this feature!

beserko -> RE: I would like to watch the comp vs comp play without having those pop up messages stop everything ! (1/26/2018 11:26:25 PM)

I figured it out
I am an Idiot
I forgot that
C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Campaign Series Middle East>meengine.exe -W
-T Jerusalem48.scn
is different then [:-]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Campaign Series Middle East>meengine.exe -w
-t Jerusalem48.scn
I forgot the capitals !

beserko -> RE: I would like to watch the comp vs comp play without having those pop up messages stop everything ! (1/26/2018 11:28:28 PM)

Oh and [sm=sign0031.gif][sm=sign0031.gif] for letting me know about this !
I can always (usually LOL) find the answer on these boards [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI