OT: Beer Larceny (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

BBfanboy -> OT: Beer Larceny (1/27/2018 11:45:50 PM)

Someone stole a semi-trailer load of beer in Delta BC (a suburb of Vancouver). The beer was Coors Light, so the question is "Why would they bother?" [:'(]

- they needed an ingredient for a new "beer shampoo"?
- they wanted to wash down their ride and make it smell "good" to attract ??? cowgirls???
- they wanted to water the plants at Butchart Gardens and kill any slugs around?

- other reasons? (your turn) [;)]

EDIT: forgot the link https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police-investigate-after-trailer-full-of-beer-worth-155-000-stolen-in-delta-b-c-1.3777849

geofflambert -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/28/2018 1:20:03 AM)

When I was in college some of my fellow collegians thought that Coors was the only thing there was. Adolph wouldn't ship it to Missouri because the refrigeration in transit wasn't reliable or some such bs. So these guys would make field trips to Coloroado to get some and drag it kicking and screaming back to Missouri. I didn't really understand it but PBR was bribing whomever in my fraternity was in charge of beer, so we only always had PBR on tap. If you think you've ever had a hangover but haven't had a PBR hangover, you don't know what exquisite pain that entailed. So, Coors vs. PBR. Which circle of Hell do you want to end up in?

T Rav -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/28/2018 1:44:33 AM)

Mr Gorn,

While I respect the PBR hangover, too much Soju in 1982 Korea resulted in an ice-pick through the top of my skull for the whole next day. The thought still makes me a little nauseated...

Never again, that evil; but I've found others less malicious.

T Rav

MakeeLearn -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/28/2018 12:23:00 PM)

They wanted the Aluminum cans.

zuluhour -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/28/2018 12:39:35 PM)

It was obviously stolen by women

Zorch -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/28/2018 12:57:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: T Rav

While I respect the PBR hangover, too much Soju in 1982 Korea resulted in an ice-pick through the top of my skull for the whole next day.

Did the ice pick improve your TV reception? [;)]

Zorch -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/28/2018 12:58:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

They wanted the Aluminum cans.

It's for a Super Bowl commercial. There's a contest to make a truckload of beer (NOT).

btd64 -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/28/2018 1:25:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

[:D][:D]. Definitely....GP

crsutton -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/28/2018 5:03:18 PM)

For the good of the nation.

spence -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/29/2018 12:43:39 AM)

You guys are snobs. Beer is beer even if it is "girlie beer" it remains beer. Beer is good. Beer is food. What more can one ask?

Lokasenna -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/29/2018 1:02:12 AM)

Since we're indulging in pointless stereotypes...

Coors is pretty much the opposite of girlie beer.

spence -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/29/2018 3:39:53 AM)

quote:

Coors is pretty much the opposite of girlie beer.

Back in the olden days there was only one "western beer" and that was Coors. A classmate of mine hitchhiked way West from New London CT one long weekend just to get some. Wasn't worth it then, it's not worth it now. Hate to bring you up to date so suddenly but there are a bunch of western beers now. As a transplanted "Eastron" I surely will manage without Coors (unless my host offers up some for free).

LST Express -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/29/2018 3:40:10 AM)

Sooner or later every internet board has a light beer sucks thread.[:D]

wegman58 -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/29/2018 11:28:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LST Express

Sooner or later every internet board has a light beer sucks thread.[:D]

Because diet beer IS awful. And WHY would someone in Canada steal AMERICAN beer in the first place. Maybe some of the craft stuff, but the mass produced Canadian beer is in a different (BETTER) league than Bud/Miller/Coors/Etc.

Macclan5 -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/29/2018 2:59:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

[:D][:D]. Definitely....GP

Nope that would have been a trailer load of Bud Lite - LIME [8D]

Macclan5 -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/29/2018 3:01:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: spence

You guys are snobs. Beer is beer even if it is "girlie beer" it remains beer. Beer is good. Beer is food. What more can one ask?

Proof - factually -that the "best type of beer" is:

1) Free

2) Free and Cold

3) <<insert preferences here>>

Lowpe -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/29/2018 3:06:00 PM)

Back in the day, for me, Anchor Steam was the beer to be chased west of the Mississippi. You had to go pretty far west of old muddy to get it though, all the way to San Fran. Coors was meh.

jbdenney -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/29/2018 3:29:10 PM)

The movie "Smokey and the Bandit" (1977) was based on running "bootleg" Coors beer from Texarkana to Atlanta in less than 28 hours to get around the ban on shipping Coors east of the Mississippi.

A fun movie - but to me personally I cannot stand beer. The smell reminds me of standing down wind of a horse barn.

rustysi -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/29/2018 9:18:10 PM)

quote:

While I respect the PBR hangover, too much Soju in 1982 Korea resulted in an ice-pick through the top of my skull for the whole next day.

Soju? Try makkoli. Didn't usually get up the next day.[:D]

quote:

but to me personally I cannot stand beer. The smell reminds me of standing down wind of a horse barn.

What the he$$ have you been drinking, Moose Drool?[:D]

spence -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/30/2018 12:05:59 AM)

quote:

And there is Carlsbad "Elephant Beer" which I sampled (rather significant sampling I'm afraid) back in '69. An ice pick in the skull may have felt quite nice the next morning. Instead I arose early the next morning to serve as a messcook when we put to sea. While the whole crew slept practically all day I got to suji the various fixtures of the mess deck. I will never forget that hangover or fully remember the night before.

CaptBeefheart -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/30/2018 1:30:18 AM)

T Rav: You will either be saddened, or gladdened, to know that soju has been dumbed down over the years. Most of that swill is about 17-18% ABV nowadays. Still the cheapest buzz in country, though.

Rustysi: The worst hangover I've experienced, what I would call a ".45 hangover" (meaning if you had a .45 in your nightstand, you'd use it on yourself), came after a night of drinking soju in a pojangmacha (one of those orange soju tents) followed by copious quantities of dongdongju consumed from a wooden vessel.

Back to the topic: My missus thinks taking a bath with some beer in the water is good for the skin. That would be a good use for Coors Slight.

Cheers,
CC

Lokasenna -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/30/2018 2:18:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

Back to the topic: My missus thinks taking a bath with some beer in the water is good for the skin.

Why, because it's acidic?

Same thing could be had by using apple cider vinegar and you'll smell better when you come out [;)]

CaptBeefheart -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/30/2018 3:40:29 AM)

No idea on why, but I've learned when to fight battles. My main objective is to keep my good stuff intact. If a tallboy of cheap German beer ends up in the bath, so be it.

Cheers,
CC

Lecivius -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/30/2018 1:51:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

No idea on why, but I've learned when to fight battles. My main objective is to keep my good stuff intact.
Cheers,
CC

Excellent advice [;)][:D]

anarchyintheuk -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/30/2018 4:49:01 PM)

quote:

quote:

And there is Carlsbad "Elephant Beer" which I sampled (rather significant sampling I'm afraid) back in '69. An ice pick in the skull may have felt quite nice the next morning. Instead I arose early the next morning to serve as a messcook when we put to sea. While the whole crew slept practically all day I got to suji the various fixtures of the mess deck. I will never forget that hangover or fully remember the night before.

It's Carlsberg. I too know the pain.

wegman58 -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/31/2018 4:03:15 PM)

quote:

quote:

24 proof if I remember correctly. Fortunately I didn't drink enough of it for a hangover. Pretty good if I recall (but 1977 was a VERY long time ago).

rustysi -> RE: OT: Beer Larceny (1/31/2018 7:33:34 PM)

quote:

soju ... Still the cheapest buzz in country, though.

Not in my day. Mokkoli was 40 won a bowl. Yeah, they served it up in a small wooden bowl. Official exchange was 480-1. So it was an cheap and easy drunk, normally reserved for end of the month.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI