Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios

hellfish6 -> Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? (1/28/2018 4:03:41 PM)

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Falklands scenario, or know of one in the works? I've perused several of them, and they're of varying quality and size and scale. I'm ideally looking for something that covers the entire campaign from the British naval task force perspective.

HalfLifeExpert -> RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? (1/29/2018 11:41:31 PM)

I think there is a comprehensive Falklands scenario in the CSP, but i'm not sure.

I would recommend the two that I have played, they are in the CSP:

Malvinas-The Pincer, 1982. This is playable from ether side and presents the historical tactical situation of the Argentinian Navy dividing in two and moving around the Exclusion Zone.

Between Ascension and San Carlos-The Carrier Duel. This is a hypothetical engagement in the Falklands war, of HMS Invincible engaging the Argentinian fleet in an effort to protect replenishment ships coming down from the UK.

Andrea G -> RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? (1/30/2018 12:27:26 PM)

I have played "Between Ascension and San Carlos" and enjoyed it a lot.

mikkey -> RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? (1/30/2018 10:00:09 PM)

hellfish6, good Falkland scenario is also apache85's "Good Morning Malvinas" (it is also in Community Scenario Pack)

hellfish6 -> RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? (1/30/2018 10:40:04 PM)

Cool, thanks guys. I hadn't seen most of them. Need to update my CSP, I guess.

HalfLifeExpert -> RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? (1/30/2018 11:03:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hellfish6

Cool, thanks guys. I hadn't seen most of them. Need to update my CSP, I guess.

Yes, you must try to keep the CSP updated. Not just for new scenarios, but sometimes the existing scenarios are updated as well.

Rory Noonan -> RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? (1/31/2018 7:25:05 AM)

Hi hellfish6,

Good Morning Malvinas doesn’t cover the whole campaign but does cover the start of the real action around East Falkland. i’ve taken care to have accurate OOB, locations, taskings and weather for that date. I had tested a longer ‘Conplete Falklands’ scenario but the pacing was just too slow for it to be much fun for the average player.

If there’s enough interest I’d be happy to revisit the idea of making a longer Falklands scenario that spanned a week or more.

hellfish6 -> RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? (1/31/2018 1:55:40 PM)

Hi Apache,

I'd be interested, should you have the time. I gave Good Morning Malvinas a go and I really liked it - definitely helped scratch the itch.

giantsquid -> RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? (2/18/2018 8:20:32 PM)

So pleased to see my Falkland scenario Between Ascension and San Carlos-The Carrier Duel cited two times. It's my second scenario created (first one was a smaller version of it without carriers). It looks like I did most thinks right.

There is an interesting pre-Falkland war scenario called Operation Journeyman too

KungPao -> RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? (2/19/2018 3:28:38 PM)

Good Morning Malvinas +1

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI