Unable to complete Netplay Global War Setup (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support

Furbet -> Unable to complete Netplay Global War Setup (2/5/2018 1:41:24 PM)

Hi,

Returning to wif and attempting to start a new global war netplay game.

All ok until we get to Italy setup then appears unstable and crashes (no exception on crash).
Both using 2.7.5

Attached are both save game files, please could you have a look and see if the error is repeatable (it is for us).
(Manual Save just before completing USSR setup)

Second file in next reply.

Thanks,

Furbet -> RE: Unable to complete Netplay Global War Setup (2/5/2018 1:42:56 PM)

Second file attached

FonjoFarley -> RE: Unable to complete Netplay Global War Setup (2/28/2018 10:59:00 AM)

Can someone please offer Furbet some assistance with this? He's the technically gifted, I just wanna fight a war.

paulderynck -> RE: Unable to complete Netplay Global War Setup (3/1/2018 4:49:04 PM)

Not sure if this is good news or bad. Myself and another beta tester tried your save files with the beta version of 2.7.5 and also with two later beta versions, and completed the set-up for Italy each time with no problems.

The two later versions had a strange warning message come up about the Russian CP in the Caspian when the green button to end the Russian set-up phase was pressed, but we just clicked OK to that and proceeded. We are reporting that message to Steve as it looks to be an incorrect warning anyway.

The only thing I can think of that might cause instability is if one or both of you are using wireless vs a wired connection to your routers.

paulderynck -> RE: Unable to complete Netplay Global War Setup (3/9/2018 8:14:29 PM)

Heard back from the designer. The Caspian sea is out-of play for the Barbarossa scenario and that accounts for the error on setting up a CP there. Although we proceeded past that, maybe that somehow led to the instability problem you guys suffered. I'd recommend another attempt but with not putting anything in the Caspian.

Furbet -> RE: Unable to complete Netplay Global War Setup (3/18/2018 3:27:25 PM)

Paul,

Thanks very much for your input, we have now managed to complete the first turn, had external engineers in on one side, to reduce lag on the network line.

Not convinced by the network implementation though as there are no error messages when it loses connectivity.

I've posted out next bug report for air combat (our first air combat) in another thread.

Thanks again,

Furbet

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI