Music Modding (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Mods

macdonncadh -> Music Modding (2/8/2018 6:12:10 PM)

I am trying to mod the music for a scenario, and have had only a partial success. I replaced the main theme, and it does play, just as it should. But I appear to have failed with the other files. I converted the music I wanted to the .ogg format and yet none of it played - at least in the editor. I switched the quality from 44100 hz to 22050 and then the Main Theme played.

Does any step I may be omitting, doing improperly occur to anyone else?

I am using Audacity to convert the music files, and I am putting them in the main directory (after backing up ALL the originals, of course.)

Thanks.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Music Modding (2/8/2018 11:55:24 PM)

quote:

I am putting them in the main directory

I suggest trying not working in the main directory. Not specifically for sound files, but should work following these instructions:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4381180

macdonncadh -> RE: Music Modding (2/9/2018 2:47:32 PM)

Thanks. Actually, I got everything working. I created a folder in the sounds directory under my games, named it for the starting year of the scenario and put all the files there. Worked like a dream. I appreciate your response. I do understand why you cautioned me on the main directory. Happily, there is now no reason for me to go in there.

Cheers

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI