Amphibious Transport without AHQ (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West

HAWK7 -> Amphibious Transport without AHQ (2/9/2018 10:02:05 AM)

Is there a way to transport a Devision from a port to a non port shore hex without the Amphibious HQ?

In "amphibious transport" mode I click on a Devision and the Movement points show on the way to the mouse pointer, but if I click on the destination nothing happens.

Did the old way from WitE got completly replaced with the Amphibious HQ systeme from WitW?

loki100 -> RE: Amphibious Transport without AHQ (2/9/2018 12:42:42 PM)

should work but check out the tooltips.

You may lack any of: MP (for the loading), port capacity at the sending port (a level 1 port will struggle with moving an infantry division never mind a corps with SUs or an armoured formation), target port (same issue but may also be damaged) and available troop ships (especially if you have just carried out a major landing you might not have that many spare).

Test out using a larger sending port - that tends to be the most likely problem.

Helpfully an emergency port/depot (placed after a naval invasion) can cope with a lot of units being landed

HAWK7 -> RE: Amphibious Transport without AHQ (2/9/2018 1:03:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HAWK7

Is there a way to transport a Devision from a port to a non port shore hex without the Amphibious HQ?

This is "Amphibious transport" (F4) and not "Navel transport" (F3) I am talking.

The target Hex is at the shore without a port

loki100 -> RE: Amphibious Transport without AHQ (2/9/2018 2:14:43 PM)

quote:

quote:

This is "Amphibious transport" (F4) and not "Navel transport" (F3) I am talking.

The target Hex is at the shore without a port

ah apols

then yes, you need to use the naval HQs to transport the invasion force and build up at least 50 prep pts before the invasion (bigger the port, quicker this happens)

HAWK7 -> RE: Amphibious Transport without AHQ (2/9/2018 2:25:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

ah apols

then yes, you need to use the naval HQs to transport the invasion force and build up at least 50 prep pts before the invasion (bigger the port, quicker this happens)

So Axis can not go from port to shore Hex over water as they have no Amphibious HQ as far as I know, right?

cfulbright -> RE: Amphibious Transport without AHQ (2/9/2018 6:18:42 PM)

quote:

So Axis can not go from port to shore Hex over water as they have no Amphibious HQ as far as I know, right?

That's correct.

Cary

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI