(1.14) How to define circular areas (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

HalfLifeExpert -> (1.14) How to define circular areas (2/19/2018 9:12:50 PM)

I don't seem to understand how to use the new feature of drawing a circular area as opposed to a rectangle.

This is what the patch notes say:

quote:

Users can now define circle-area in addition to existing rectangle-area (right click on empty map location).

I've tried right clicking on the map without anything pre selected, as well as right clicking after selecting "Define Area"

What am I missing here?

thewood1 -> RE: (1.14) How to define circular areas (2/19/2018 11:36:17 PM)

Did a quick search on "circle". This came up as the first return.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4430845

HercMighty -> RE: (1.14) How to define circular areas (2/20/2018 12:45:06 PM)

"Works same as a rectangle.

1. Use Cntl + right click to bring up menu (Unit, Reference Pt, Rectangle, Circle).
2. Select "Define Area - Circle"
3. When the "pointing hand" cursor appears place it where you want the center of the circle.
4. Hold the left button down and drag the "hand". It should create a circle around the area selected by the "hand" pointer. At least it does for me."

HaughtKarl -> RE: (1.14) How to define circular areas (2/20/2018 2:23:47 PM)

Holy crap, when did we get the ability to draw circles? Was it always there or was it introduced in a recent patch?

Eggstor -> RE: (1.14) How to define circular areas (2/20/2018 2:29:39 PM)

Part of the 1.14 update.

thewood1 -> RE: (1.14) How to define circular areas (2/20/2018 2:30:26 PM)

If you follow the link, it tells you.

SeaQueen -> RE: (1.14) How to define circular areas (2/20/2018 4:56:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HaughtKarl
Holy crap, when did we get the ability to draw circles? Was it always there or was it introduced in a recent patch?

Seriously, I think this is the single most practical patch released yet. I'm already thinking of all the things I want to draw circles for.

HalfLifeExpert -> RE: (1.14) How to define circular areas (2/20/2018 6:36:06 PM)

Thanks, that did it. I didn't know about ctrl+right click because I always used the drop down menus. I guess it's just a personal quirk that I am slow to use hotkeys, but with this new feature, it should be added to the drop down menu alongside the old 'define area' command.

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeaQueen

quote:

ORIGINAL: HaughtKarl

Seriously, I think this is the single most practical patch released yet. I'm already thinking of all the things I want to draw circles for.

Oh yes, In fact my favorite practical addition, by far, is the 'mark contact location' feature.

ultradave -> RE: (1.14) How to define circular areas (2/20/2018 9:36:51 PM)

I can't make this work using Parallels Desktop on my Mac. I'll have to look into key mappings and report back. I don't know how many there are that play this way but no matter what I try it's like CTRL is not being pressed and the map just shifts to the cursor.

mavfin -> RE: (1.14) How to define circular areas (2/23/2018 5:04:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ultradave

I can't make this work using Parallels Desktop on my Mac. I'll have to look into key mappings and report back. I don't know how many there are that play this way but no matter what I try it's like CTRL is not being pressed and the map just shifts to the cursor.

Is the Mac OS stealing your ctrl-clicks? Default on a mac is ctrl-click = right click/context menu, unless you tell the mouse control panel different. Under default behavior, it won't see ctrl-right-click.

Having said that, I don't play Command on Parallels, so I can't tell you much more than that. I own a Mac, but now that Apple no longer supports Metal on anything before 2012, this is a Windows 10 box 95% of the time.

Zaslon -> RE: (1.14) How to define circular areas (2/23/2018 9:24:29 AM)

IMHO the workflow is not very intuitive.
I think that is better use a modifier key to draw circles.

1. Select "Define Area".
2. When the "pointing hand" cursor appears place it where you want the center of the circle.
3. Hold left control key and the left button down and drag the "hand". It should create a circle around the area selected by the "hand" pointer.

left ctrl, left alt...or another modifier key.

ultradave -> RE: (1.14) How to define circular areas (2/23/2018 11:53:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mavfin

quote:

ORIGINAL: ultradave

Is the Mac OS stealing your ctrl-clicks? Default on a mac is ctrl-click = right click/context menu, unless you tell the mouse control panel different. Under default behavior, it won't see ctrl-right-click.

Having said that, I don't play Command on Parallels, so I can't tell you much more than that. I own a Mac, but now that Apple no longer supports Metal on anything before 2012, this is a Windows 10 box 95% of the time.

Not sure what's happening. Right click = ctrl click or two fingers on the trackpad and that normally works just fine. For example the unit orders menu when right clicking on a unit on a map. No problems there. I'll keep digging.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI