(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Spike -> (6/18/2001 8:52:00 AM)

Just figured I'd post a quick message - I'd definately go for an early European campaign, it is one of those periods that is soo overlooked. Not sure how well that period lends itself to a mega-campaign however..

Tombstone -> (6/18/2001 9:30:00 AM)

I think several Russian MC's modelling change from defensive+uncoordinated counterattacks, to infantry support, to the eventual writing the book on operational warfare... 3 Russian Mega-campaigns. 1st one against AG south defensively and maybe ending in an escape from Kiev Pocket. 2nd one from Stalingrad encirclement, to Kursk counteroffensive. And the last mega-campaign with Bagration to Berlin. Tomo

Paul Goodman -> (6/18/2001 10:42:00 AM)

Interesting comment from Skukko, re the availability of information. It strikes me that the information from the Soviet Union is now more accurate and equally available. There are a number of sites in Russia that provide very accurate information. Most simply prefer to ignore it. It is the Nazi information that seems to be a crock. In particular, I really have a hard time comprehending Kursk. It seems a concensus that the Germans destroyed thousands of Red Army tanks, lost virtually nothing (well, maybe a handfull of PzIII and PzIV), virtually no Tigers or Panthers. Yet, two weeks later, the Red Army attacks with thousands of tanks and the Nazi's have practically nothing. What happened to all the tanks they had, none of which they lost. Where did they go? SS BS! Paul

General Mayhem -> (6/18/2001 1:31:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Goodman: It is the Nazi information that seems to be a crock. In particular, I really have a hard time comprehending Kursk. It seems a concensus that the Germans destroyed thousands of Red Army tanks, lost virtually nothing (well, maybe a handfull of PzIII and PzIV), virtually no Tigers or Panthers. Paul
I agree I think we have had bit one sided image from Germans about Eastern Front. Based on German view mostly. To me it seems early success of Germans on Eastern Front hides what they didn't succeed well on. Infact, even the early success wasn't success it looks like as it didn't go as well Germans though. I have say this before and will say this again, my person views is that I think German army is overly overrated. I also think both Soviets and German wanted portray Eastern Front for propaganda reasons way that they actually helped each other. I think Stalin wanted to prove Soviet system could defeat vastly superior force and that it was big losses were fault of German brilliance not his errors or weakness of Soviet system. On the other hand German propaganda propably wanted to prove they fought like superhumans against impossible odds. I also suspect that because Stalin, long time getting reliable information from Russian on Eastern Front battles have been difficult, thus the image of Eastern front is propably based mostly German version.

Gallo Rojo -> (6/18/2001 7:18:00 PM)

Well, personally, as I already said, I would like a Soviet side one. Op Bargation to Berlin or something like this. But... Which is the future of MC any way? I mean, we know that the next one will be Barbarossa, and that Will Bill is pushing for an Allied side one (western allies I suppose)... but with the arrival of the newer Combat Leader Game and all this... will be more MC for SPWAW? Will be MC for Combat Leader? Or no more MC at all?

dbt1949_slith -> (6/18/2001 7:33:00 PM)

I'd like to see a Russian/Japanese campaign of 1939.They had some good battles with lots of tankettes and such.With the Japanese infantry and lots of cavalry and all those early war weapons I'd think it'd be fascinating.TigerII's and JSIII's are fun but sometimes I like to go the earlier years before mobile jaggurnauts ruled the land.

sven -> (6/18/2001 7:59:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by dbt1949: I'd like to see a Russian/Japanese campaign of 1939.They had some good battles with lots of tankettes and such.With the Japanese infantry and lots of cavalry and all those early war weapons I'd think it'd be fascinating.TigerII's and JSIII's are fun but sometimes I like to go the earlier years before mobile jaggurnauts ruled the land.
Hear Hear. The most vital battles few people have heard of. sven

m10bob -> (6/19/2001 6:52:00 AM)

In fact,how 'bout campaigns based on the WW2 careers of certain leaders,like "Slim,Patton,Rommel,Kesselring,Zhukov,"(etc),and maybe just call them "The Leader Collection:SPWAW"(or such?)....

Sscott1879 -> (6/19/2001 11:13:00 AM)

I for one am exited about a German vs. Soviet campaign. That where most of the real tank battles were fought and I enjoy playing the Germans. In equipment and tactics they are most like modern armored warfare. How soon can we expect it out and please don't ask me to "PRE-ORDER"!!!

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI