Should I evacuate SOV factories as far as possible? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

ICalli -> Should I evacuate SOV factories as far as possible? (2/26/2018 11:57:44 PM)

Recently started playing and haven't found anything on the forums or in the manual. Is there any advantage to keeping SOV factories closer to the front? Especially vehicles. Does it help form/refit units faster or is this automate regardless of distance from factory to units?
Mainly thinking along the lines of the anecdotal Volgograd Tractor Plant rolling tanks out the front into battle.

thedoctorking -> RE: Should I evacuate SOV factories as far as possible? (2/27/2018 1:18:32 AM)

I don't think so. They go into a pool and then your units draw from the pool. I send my factories absolutely as far as I can, though I generally figure if the Axis is taking the Volga cities I've lost anyway. But don't stop until you get to the Volga from Saratov north.

richter53 -> RE: Should I evacuate SOV factories as far as possible? (2/27/2018 2:38:46 AM)

That's a good question. I normally mov them to Urals. It would seem that the less distance material has to travel to units the better. I'll do a AI scenario and check it out.

Stelteck -> RE: Should I evacuate SOV factories as far as possible? (2/27/2018 7:47:58 AM)

The distance do not change anything. Move them as far as possible.

Telemecus -> RE: Should I evacuate SOV factories as far as possible? (2/27/2018 1:41:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stelteck

The distance do not change anything. Move them as far as possible.

+1

There is no advantage to having factories close to the front - and many disadvantages.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI