Has anyone tried..... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

DWReese -> Has anyone tried..... (3/17/2018 6:03:38 PM)

Hi all,

Has anyone tried.....to manually move a sub to stay within the convergence zone to see what effects it has one detection to other subs, or sensors. It seems like something that could be an interesting study.

Doug

ultradave -> RE: Has anyone tried..... (3/17/2018 10:20:12 PM)

I do it as a principle. I haven't tested it scientifically.

jmarso -> RE: Has anyone tried..... (3/17/2018 11:05:49 PM)

Seems like that can cut both ways. If your sub detects a contact in a convergence zone, then your sub is in the convergence zone for the contact as well, given similar water conditions. Of course, counter-detection also depends a lot on the gear and the sonar figure of merit of the adversary; I have no idea how the game models those things.

ultradave -> RE: Has anyone tried..... (3/17/2018 11:30:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ultradave

I do it as a principle. I haven't tested it scientifically.

This is what I get for watching basketball and reading at the same time. I read this in my head as talking about the layer, and that's how I answered. So, in the immortal words of Emily Latella........... never mind.

DWReese -> RE: Has anyone tried..... (3/18/2018 12:47:08 AM)

But, what would the effects be if your sub was in the convergence zone, and the opp sub was in one of the layers? Would it detect it? From how far away?

That's the kind of stuff that I was thinking about. In other words, if the opp sub was in a layer, could you hide (and for how long?) in the convergence zone?

Doug

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI