Several issues regarding the F-35 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

Zia ur Huriya -> Several issues regarding the F-35 (3/18/2018 10:25:39 PM)

Dear developers,
I have been playing CMANO recently and really appreciate your effort in developing
such a comprehensive military simulator.
I’m currently trying to build a scenario involving the F-35, during which I have
probably spotted some flaws in this game which I would like to point out.

1. Speed. F-35s seem to enjoy a military speed of Mach 1.6 without afterburner
while still having a combat radius of approx. 1000 nmi. That, I think, contradicts
what Lockheed Martin stated. They said that the F-35 has a limited supercruise
capability at Mach 1.2 for 150 miles.

2. Radar cross section. Air Force General Mike Hostage said in an interview with
Aviationweek in 2014, “it [the F-35] can beat the F-22 in stealth”. But in CMANO,
one experiences exactly the opposite: the F-35 has a larger RCS in every direction
than the F-22.

3. Agility. The F-35 has only got an agility of 4.5 while it has showed some
serious aerial stunts at the Paris Air Show last year. On the contrary, the J-20,
which has an agility of 5.5 in this game, has demonstrated basically nothing that
can be described as supermaneuverable, yet is still catagorized as a
supermaneuverable jet; the F-16, whose maneuverability is deemed inferior to the
F-35 by numerous F-16 and F-35 pilots, receives an agility of 4.9, which I think
is truly an insult to the F-35. In some earlier databases, the F-35 has an agility
of 5, but was later adjusted to 4.5. I’m not sure if this has anything to do with
the so-called F-35-lost-to-an-F-16-in-dogfight report which has been debunked by
multiple sources. If so, now that the allegations have been refuted, could you developers
please revise its agility?

When I’m trying to add some advanced AEW or OECM platforms to the red Air Force in
order to kinda balance the belligerents, I realized that I can’t. The Beriev A-100
was nowhere to be found and the L-175V Khibiny loadout on the Su-34 was also
missing. Is it possible to include both of them in a future update?

Best regards.

ultradave -> RE: Several issues regarding the F-35 (3/18/2018 10:46:21 PM)

For your last question about adding to the DB, there is a thread exactly for that. Look through and you can see how people post. It's helpful if you can provide links to non-classified information on the platforms to give the developers something to work with.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3436106

The L-175V Khibiny Is listed as standard on the first SU-34 entry (2012), but not the other entry (2015). Just need to pick the correct version.

thewood1 -> RE: Several issues regarding the F-35 (3/18/2018 11:51:01 PM)

I think a prototype only flew for the 100 a couple months ago didn't it. Is it even a funded program and has the radar even been turned on in flight?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI