Air group with [S] and (R) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

harrer -> Air group with [S] and (R) (4/2/2018 7:08:54 AM)

Hi all,

I tried to search in the manual, on this forum or via google but couldn't find the answer :

What do the (S) and (R) mean?

Here are a few different groups with different situations (scen 1, december 7):

The 5th Sentai shows nothing in the list, but on the group screen you see "attached to 1st Air (S)(R)" but you can change it.
The 144th Sentai shows (S) on the list , and shows "attached to 1st Air (S)(R)" on the group screen but you cannot change it.
The KA Air Photo Unit shows (S) on the list, but on the group screen you see "Attached to 2nd Air (R)" and you cannot change it.

I know the (R) is for restricted, but some restricted groups may be changed, others not, any reason why?
And what is the (S) then ?

Thanks for your help [:)]

tbothy -> RE: Air group with [S] and (R) (4/2/2018 7:28:39 AM)

[S]= Can't be bought out with PP's, airgroups can't be transfered to bases with a different HQ and LCU's can't be loaded on to ships.?[R]= Same as [S], but can be switched to a unrestricted command with PP’s.
Bases

harrer -> RE: Air group with [S] and (R) (4/2/2018 7:43:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tbothy

[S]= Can't be bought out with PP's, airgroups can't be transfered to bases with a different HQ and LCU's can't be loaded on to ships.?[R]= Same as [S], but can be switched to a unrestricted command with PP’s.
Bases

Hi,

Not sure i got it [&:]

If i take my example : " The 5th Sentai shows nothing in the list, but on the group screen you see "attached to 1st Air (S)(R)" but you can change it. "

This group has S+R and you can change it.

" The KA Air Photo Unit shows (S) on the list, but on the group screen you see "Attached to 2nd Air (R)" and you cannot change it. "

This group has only R and you cannot change it.

GetAssista -> RE: Air group with [S] and (R) (4/2/2018 8:36:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: harrer
" The KA Air Photo Unit shows (S) on the list, but on the group screen you see "Attached to 2nd Air (R)" and you cannot change it. "

This group has only R and you cannot change it.

This group has S. It is the 2nd Air HQ that has R, but we are talking about airgroups.
In general, following the color of the HQ assignment is a foolproof way. White or gray -> you cannot change the HQ, Yellow -> you can.

geofflambert -> RE: Air group with [S] and (R) (4/2/2018 8:54:38 AM)

Let's rename this thread, considering another contemporaneous thread, "I am Curious Yellow".

btd64 -> RE: Air group with [S] and (R) (4/2/2018 12:35:31 PM)

The Information below I believe is relevant for Air Units as well;

[S] Unit cannot be reassigned to a different Headquarters.
[R] unit is permanently restricted.
(R) unit is temporarily restricted.
If the HQ name is in white, upon arrival the ground unit can be reattached to another HQ at the cost of paying Political Points. If the HQ name is in grey, no reattachment is possible.

Hope this helps....GP

Zorch -> RE: Air group with [S] and (R) (4/2/2018 7:51:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Let's rename this thread, considering another contemporaneous thread, "I am Curious Yellow".

What about the sequel, "I am Curious Blue"? I never saw either one.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI