Crusader Kings II (base game) free on steam (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

terje439 -> Crusader Kings II (base game) free on steam (4/5/2018 10:13:43 PM)

"WEEKEND DEAL

Grab a free permanent copy of Crusader Kings II! Offer ends Saturday at 10am Pacific Time."

Just to let you all know [;)]

demyansk -> RE: Crusader Kings II (base game) free on steam (4/5/2018 10:33:10 PM)

Thanks for letting us know!!!!!

Kuokkanen -> RE: Crusader Kings II (base game) free on steam (4/6/2018 2:40:10 PM)

Is it turn based or RTS?

terje439 -> RE: Crusader Kings II (base game) free on steam (4/6/2018 3:07:51 PM)

RTS but with a pause button. Also not a mere strategy game, but alot of RPG elements in it.
For free, can you really go wrong though? [;)]

zakblood -> RE: Crusader Kings II (base game) free on steam (4/6/2018 3:15:20 PM)

they want you to like it, so if you do you may or could grab the many DLC's, but also grabbed it on release as well, just in case[:D]

rico21 -> RE: Crusader Kings II (base game) free on steam (4/6/2018 3:38:36 PM)

The only part I made of crusader kings II was a duke who extended his territory to the detriment of his overlord. He invited me to his palace to seal a new covenant. As soon as I arrived I was sent to prison to never get out again.
I stopped playing this game because you will understand that even for free, I do not want to go to jail anymore.

zakblood -> RE: Crusader Kings II (base game) free on steam (4/6/2018 3:41:43 PM)

like 99% of my steam games, i won't get to play it maybe for a year or more even

JReb -> RE: Crusader Kings II (base game) free on steam (4/6/2018 4:06:24 PM)

This is the first of a series of good tutorials on CK2 play. It helped me a lot. There are a lot of them but after the first 2-3 I got brave enough to dive in. My biggest misconception was that this is not a pure wargame in the traditional, grognard sense but there is expansion and conquest as you grow. The main thing is about keeping your family lineage alive and powerful throughout the ages, dealing with backstabbers, incestuous cousins, and other nasty characters and events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAvJJuv1hvM&list=PLH-huzMEgGWBBUYoAjpLxFkbgFw19CeA_

Orm -> RE: Crusader Kings II (base game) free on steam (4/6/2018 4:42:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

"WEEKEND DEAL

Grab a free permanent copy of Crusader Kings II! Offer ends Saturday at 10am Pacific Time."

Just to let you all know [;)]

Thank you for the information. [:)]

Kuokkanen -> RE: Crusader Kings II (base game) free on steam (4/6/2018 5:18:22 PM)

Well, should I pick it up or should I start playing Birth of Rome (already installed)?

Alan Sharif -> RE: Crusader Kings II (base game) free on steam (4/6/2018 5:21:53 PM)

Thanks for letting me know.

terje439 -> RE: Crusader Kings II (base game) free on steam (4/6/2018 7:12:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kuokkanen

Well, should I pick it up or should I start playing Birth of Rome (already installed)?

Pick it up while it is free, play Birth of Rome, then play CKII [:)]

RFalvo69 -> RE: Crusader Kings II (base game) free on steam (4/7/2018 11:44:22 AM)

I still remember when my Duke of Toulouse was poisoned. I was dumbfounded, because I had a very good Spymaster at my service. Luckily, I also had a son who succeeded me on the throne (the game ends when your character dies without having a successor alive).

So, I examine my new character (formerly my son, now me) and the first thing I notice was that he has the "homosexual" trait - and his lover is... my Spymaster. One can only wonder...

Zap -> RE: Crusader Kings II (base game) free on steam (4/7/2018 4:57:42 PM)

I downloaded it. Not a fan of steam but I purchased civilization VI can't play it because my video card can't handle it. So Since I already have an account figured I will make amends to myself and actually have something I can play.

Kuokkanen -> RE: Crusader Kings II (base game) free on steam (4/7/2018 5:24:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

I still remember when my Duke of Toulouse was poisoned. I was dumbfounded, because I had a very good Spymaster at my service. Luckily, I also had a son who succeeded me on the throne (the game ends when your character dies without having a successor alive).

So much like Knights of Honor?

quote:

So, I examine my new character (formerly my son, now me) and the first thing I notice was that he has the "homosexual" trait - and his lover is... my Spymaster. One can only wonder...

OMG! [X(] [:D]
I don't think Knights of Honor has that depth of detail!

RFalvo69 -> RE: Crusader Kings II (base game) free on steam (4/8/2018 10:22:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kuokkanen

OMG! [X(] [:D]
I don't think Knights of Honor has that depth of detail!

Crusader Kings is all about depth of detail. Remember: you play a character and, more extensively, a dynasty. When you throw armies around you are actually giving orders to those armies. War, BTW, can be both costly and unrewarding. Better to marry the right dude/dudette with a son in line for the throne and then kill such son so that your son will become the next heir. Good luck at not getting caught, though. [:D]

Some people have more fun playing with a "Lunatic, possessed ruler, suffering from bloodlust but also being a coward", that with more sensible individuals. The supernatural elements, BTW can be mere superstition or can be real, according to the option you choose at the beginning of the game. Keen players can spot lovecraftian easter eggs...

CK2 is basically Game of Thrones - and the GoT megamod is, "de facto" GoT for PC. Some people actually buy CK2 and its expansions to play with that Mod, not in our Middle Ages. [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI