Starships Unlimited not working (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3

drs -> Starships Unlimited not working (6/2/2003 3:56:08 AM)

Its been years since I purchased a new game that wouldn't run or had technical problems. Imagine my surprise when Starships Unlimited Divided Galaxies won't run after installation.

I loaded the latest patch (2.0) with no luck. Installation completed normally. I launch the game, get the menu, click on the "play the game" selection, and the game seems to hang. CPU usage is pegged at 100% by a process called SUDG.exe. I have to end process to kill it.

My system meets requirements: Windows 2k Pro SP3, Creative SB Audigy, 3D Blaster Riva TNT2, 256Mb RAM...

Any ideas?

Ross Moorhouse -> (6/2/2003 2:33:31 PM)

Moved to here as you might get a quicker answer.

Voidhawk -> (6/2/2003 3:46:36 PM)

Did you try launching the game directly, as in, not from the Game Menu? ISTR experiencing a system hang myself the first time I launched from the menu. So I never did it again. ;)

Sorry, that's all I can think of...

Andrew Ewanchyna -> (6/2/2003 9:01:34 PM)

What's your CPU (type and speed)?

What version of DirectX are you running?

Assuming you're installing from version 1.0, then you have to be careful when installing any patches that it actually installs in the right directory. This means manually changing the directory it want to install in during the patch installation. There's a problem with an extra space in /Matrix Games/ in the patches. You may have installed version 2.0 in a different directory than version 1.0 (this is true of all the patches). You can go into your Add/Remove Programs list from the Control Panel and see if you have 2 entries for Starships Unlimited Divided Galaxies. If so, remove the latest version and try again with the installation, this time noting the path.

drs -> (6/6/2003 10:00:07 AM)

Thanks for your help and suggestions....

To answer your questions:

CPU Type: P4, 1.8GHz

DirectX version: 9.0a

I also verified that the patch went to the correct place. Just for fun, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and reinstalled the patch. No change.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Andrew Ewanchyna -> (6/6/2003 9:17:48 PM)

Hmm, with such a powerful system, there shouldn't be any problems. I've never tested it on DirectX 9, though. I've got some tests that we can try. Email me at [email]support@apezone.com[/email], if you'd like to try them.

Synicism -> (6/8/2003 1:32:08 PM)

I'm running Direct-X 9 and the game seems to work just fine, so I don't think that is your problem...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI