Russian Tank Build Pool Assault on Democracy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command Classic: Global Conflict

Ebbingford -> Russian Tank Build Pool Assault on Democracy (4/22/2018 9:10:13 PM)

Playing this pbem, Assault on Democracy, as the Allies.
Why do the Russians have so few tanks in their build pool? They are outnumbered by the Axis tanks. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Germany starts with 2 on the map and 2 in the production list. They can also build another four.
Russia starts with one on the map, one in the production list and can also build another four......
Should the light tanks upgrade? Russia starts with 6 of these but unless they upgrade they are nearly useless against the German army. I don't think they do upgrade at present.......
Or am I missing something?

Hubert Cater -> RE: Russian Tank Build Pool Assault on Democracy (4/23/2018 2:45:21 PM)

Hi Ebbingford,

I just took a quick look the USSR starts with 6 Light Tanks as well as the 1 regular Tank on the map. This reflects the idea that the Soviet Union outnumbered the German Tank numbers at the start of the war but that many of these Tanks would not be of high quality by the time of Barbarossa which accounts for the fact that the Light Tanks cannot be updgraded and cannot be repurchased after they are destroyed.

Beyond that the Soviets are able to build up to 7 regular Tanks and that 2 of them are in the Production Queue already. Once Barbarossa begins, another 2 will appear along the border with Germany via a UNIT script. If they survive the initial Barbarossa assault, i.e. if the Germans do not plan and attack appropriately that then gives the Soviets up to 9 regular tanks for the game. Otherwise if they are destroyed the Soviets will remain at a cap of 7 Tanks.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

Ebbingford -> RE: Russian Tank Build Pool Assault on Democracy (4/23/2018 9:41:55 PM)

Hi, thanks for the reply.
If all the Soviet tanks survive that still only gives them 9 tank units. More likely they will only be able to field 7.
Germany can field 8 plus one from Romania I think it is.
Russia is always going to be out numbered in tanks.
Historically though didn't the Russians have far more tanks?
Shouldn't this be reflected a bit more in their build pool?

Hubert Cater -> RE: Russian Tank Build Pool Assault on Democracy (4/24/2018 1:21:13 PM)

We try and match the historical numbers along with game balance and so you would be looking at 7-9 Tanks, plus 6 Light Tanks for the Soviets and for the most part in game along the German Eastern front (i.e. a single front), while the Germans eventually have 2-3 fronts if you include North Africa, and their Eastern and Western fronts as the game unfolds.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI