using saved oils for production (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support

4personalbusiness -> using saved oils for production (5/7/2018 3:03:22 PM)

I read the latest update about the fixes in production planning. Thanks for that. Can't wait to try them. I didn't read anything about one perplexing issue that has vexed me for many months across many game versions: the habit of the program to cancel the allocation of saved oils to production if the game is saved and reopened (as needed in a PBEM game). It seems to happen everywhere but one particularly good example is using saved oil in Leningrad (when cut off) for production. The game accepts the allocation but then cancels these orders if the game is closed and reopened. I've tried both override and default procedures and neither one works.

4personalbusiness -> RE: using saved oils for production (5/8/2018 2:43:26 AM)

UPDATE: It turns out that the saved oil WAS being used for production. But, the ctrl-P screen was not showing it. I played through and the build screen was correct even though the ctrl P screen still was showing the incorrect BPs. So, that should be changed, of course, but it's not as big a deal. Another issue is that the oil in isolated cities is not consumed, however. So, that's another problem.

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: using saved oils for production (5/16/2018 3:42:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 4personalbusiness

UPDATE: It turns out that the saved oil WAS being used for production. But, the ctrl-P screen was not showing it. I played through and the build screen was correct even though the ctrl P screen still was showing the incorrect BPs. So, that should be changed, of course, but it's not as big a deal. Another issue is that the oil in isolated cities is not consumed, however. So, that's another problem.

What do you mean it is not consumed?

If you mean for reorganizing units, then that is probably correct since it would be unusual for the isolated units to need more than 0.45 oil to be reorganized.

As always, a saved game would help us understand what is happening.

paulderynck -> RE: using saved oils for production (5/17/2018 6:06:57 AM)

I believe he means that if you use it for production (FREX in an isolated Leningrad), the amount of saved oil is not reduced.

4personalbusiness -> RE: using saved oils for production (5/17/2018 5:26:00 PM)

Yes, exactly. Oils used for production in isolated cities are not deleted. I'll post a game later so you can go through the steps. Pete

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI