[WAD] Mouse auto focus (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

Mordwand -> [WAD] Mouse auto focus (5/10/2018 7:41:32 PM)

Hello all... quick question.
A few updates back, one of the UI user-requested tweaks in the changelog was to do with 'Auto-focus on main map and secondary windows when mouse cursor enters them'. If I understand this change correctly, it doesn't seem to be working for me (ie. I still have to click on main map/ secondary windows to 'activate' them for zooming/ scrolling purposes). I've since updated to 1.14.3, but still have same issue.
I know I'm probably missing something blindingly obvious, but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

zakblood -> RE: Mouse auto focus (5/10/2018 8:09:41 PM)

might help the developers to post a report so they can see what you have and offer advice accordingly

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post with first adding the file to a zip, which is then permitted to attach to the forum

Dimitris -> RE: Mouse auto focus (5/10/2018 8:26:32 PM)

Hi,

The concept of the change was initially that when the mouse moved to a window, the window would gain focus even without any click action. This was meant to fix the long-standing "have to click twice on a non-focused window, once to give focus to it and the second one for the actual action" issue.

However, we found out that this caused a number of other issues (e.g. windows abruptly jumping in front of others and hiding them).

So we modified the behavior. Now, simply moving the mouse cursor to an unfocused window will not automatically focus it. Clicking on any UI element on the window, however, will both focus it and also perform the desired action. This addresses the original issue without the unintended consequences of the initial tweak.

If you have encountered a case where this behavior is creating a usability problem, please describe it in as much detail as possible so that we can try to recreate and investigate it.

Thanks!

Mordwand -> RE: Mouse auto focus (5/11/2018 9:23:53 AM)

Thanks for the replies, gents. Single-clicking to activate windows/ main screen is no big deal in the grand scheme of this wonderful game. I can live with it [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI