Mexico Offered the Opportunity to Destroy a US Blue Factory. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support

rkr1958 -> Mexico Offered the Opportunity to Destroy a US Blue Factory. (5/18/2018 2:52:44 AM)

Is this correct!?

[image]local://upfiles/31901/AEA4AEC46F9C4363A13FB9675CF8B706.jpg[/image]

rkr1958 -> RE: Mexico Offered the Opportunity to Destroy a US Blue Factory. (5/18/2018 2:53:37 AM)

game file.

paulderynck -> RE: Mexico Offered the Opportunity to Destroy a US Blue Factory. (5/18/2018 3:02:58 AM)

If Mexico is aligned with Japan then Yes.

rkr1958 -> RE: Mexico Offered the Opportunity to Destroy a US Blue Factory. (5/18/2018 3:27:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

If Mexico is aligned with Japan then Yes.
Uh ... Mexico is aligned with the US.

paulderynck -> RE: Mexico Offered the Opportunity to Destroy a US Blue Factory. (5/18/2018 7:22:41 PM)

Yes I expected so. Forgive my attempt at humor in declaring it a bug.

rkr1958 -> RE: Mexico Offered the Opportunity to Destroy a US Blue Factory. (5/19/2018 5:40:45 PM)

quote:

Yes I expected so. Forgive my attempt at humor in declaring it a bug.
Actually, it was my counter humor that missed the mark. I knew your were joking and responded (intentionally) as clueless. Forgive me for being a smart a$$. [:)]

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Mexico Offered the Opportunity to Destroy a US Blue Factory. (6/12/2018 3:49:29 AM)

I suspect the question is not for destroying the blue factory, but for destroying the oil resource. Which would be correct.

The USSR destroys its own oil resources occasionally, to prevent the Germans from using them later.

paulderynck -> RE: Mexico Offered the Opportunity to Destroy a US Blue Factory. (6/12/2018 5:40:17 AM)

That may be but the instance here is an aligned Mexican unit in a hex in the USA. Wouldn't we be getting all kinds of messages like this any time a friendly unit is on an oil hex? I don't recall seeing them in quantity.

Centuur -> RE: Mexico Offered the Opportunity to Destroy a US Blue Factory. (6/12/2018 1:13:14 PM)

quote:

That may be but the instance here is an aligned Mexican unit in a hex in the USA. Wouldn't we be getting all kinds of messages like this any time a friendly unit is on an oil hex? I don't recall seeing them in quantity.

Yes, we do get those messages with Soviet units on oil fields...

Joseignacio -> RE: Mexico Offered the Opportunity to Destroy a US Blue Factory. (6/12/2018 1:38:11 PM)

Probably Pancho Villa's succesors. [:D]

paulderynck -> RE: Mexico Offered the Opportunity to Destroy a US Blue Factory. (6/12/2018 6:17:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

quote:

I would think the game would check for enemy units in the home country first.

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Mexico Offered the Opportunity to Destroy a US Blue Factory. (6/12/2018 6:23:32 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

quote:

I would think the game would check for enemy units in the home country first.

How about the Japanese destroying Persian oil fields so the USSR can't use them?

With World in Flames there seems to always be exceptions for a statement beginning "the program should ...".

paulderynck -> RE: Mexico Offered the Opportunity to Destroy a US Blue Factory. (6/13/2018 2:22:31 AM)

The original rules state: "You may also destroy a blue factory if an enemy land unit occupies a hex in the country." and "Oil resources and synth plants can be destroyed in the same way as factories."

What I'm driving at is: Is the Mexican unit assumed to be an enemy unit? (bug) Or, is every oil hex brought up for suggested destruction whenever a friendly unit occupies it during production? (deviation)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI