Twin Powered Operated 20mm (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Heeward -> Twin Powered Operated 20mm (5/19/2018 7:09:27 PM)

I have been reading on Royal Navy Cruisers at WW@ Cruisers and Battleships recently
https://www.world-war.com

It states that many RN Cruisers Mid-Late War were refitted with twin powered operated 20mm AA guns in lieu of either quad 0.5" machine guns or other 20mm single mounts

Does anyone have information on the RN twin powered operated 20mm AA mount?

Last is it modeled in the game?

Buckrock -> RE: Twin Powered Operated 20mm (5/20/2018 6:33:13 AM)

The stock game does not model the twin mount specifically but rather groups together the 20mm weapons according to their location on the ship (left, right, rear) regardless of whether they were single, twin or quad AA mounts.

The Brits in the game use the same 20mm device for their ships as the USA does.

This site ("Naval Weapons") should have most of the details you need on the real war weapon, including the twin 20mm.
http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_2cm-70_mk234.php

BBfanboy -> RE: Twin Powered Operated 20mm (5/20/2018 7:17:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Buckrock

The stock game does not model the twin mount specifically but rather groups together the 20mm weapons according to their location on the ship (left, right, rear) regardless of whether they were single, twin or quad AA mounts.

This site ("Naval Weapons") should have most of the details you need on the real war weapon, including the twin 20mm.

In a way it does model the mount. There are two number in the editor plus a position letter or two. One number indicates the number of barrels at the position, the second number called "mount" specifies how many barrels per mount, and of course the position is F/LS/RS/C/A.

Buckrock -> RE: Twin Powered Operated 20mm (5/20/2018 10:36:12 AM)

I assumed he was asking if the historically more effective twin 20mm Oerlikon/powered deck-mount combination was modelled differently in the game to something like two single free-swinging mounts. To my knowledge, it isn't. All Brit shipboard Oerlikons appear to be the same type of weapon in stock, regardless of how many are listed per mount in the editor.

And if we went by the AE editor as a mounting guide, some WWII warships would have been sailing around with dozens of AA guns on a single mount.[:)]

BBfanboy -> RE: Twin Powered Operated 20mm (5/20/2018 7:35:07 PM)

quote:

I assumed he was asking if the historically more effective twin 20mm Oerlikon/powered deck-mount combination was modelled differently in the game to something like two single free-swinging mounts. To my knowledge, it isn't. All Brit shipboard Oerlikons appear to be the same type of weapon in stock, regardless of how many are listed per mount in the editor.

And if we went by the AE editor as a mounting guide, some WWII warships would have been sailing around with dozens of AA guns on a single mount.[:)]

I don't get that last part. If the Editor says there are 12 guns of a given caliber in a specific position, and then says "Mount: 1", that means there is one barrel per mount, not one mount with 12 barrels.

Buckrock -> RE: Twin Powered Operated 20mm (5/21/2018 2:46:53 AM)

My bad, you're correct on what the mounting number means. I tend to just focus on total guns of a particular type and overall firepower.

Heeward -> RE: Twin Powered Operated 20mm (5/23/2018 4:02:56 AM)

quote:

Thanks for the source.
Well when I get some time I will have to mod this weapon in to the game database.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI