OT Museum of the Air Force (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

jamesjohns -> OT Museum of the Air Force (5/19/2018 7:32:26 PM)

Just wondering if anyone has been to the museum of the Air Force in Ohio? If so how did you like it and is a day enough time?

btd64 -> RE: OT Museum of the Air Force (5/19/2018 7:36:11 PM)

I've been there. You need a Full day. There's a lot to see. Also, it depends on how fast you go through it....GP

joey -> RE: OT Museum of the Air Force (5/19/2018 9:50:52 PM)

Excellent museum. I would like to see it again. It is like the Air and Space Museum - never enough time.

aspqrz02 -> RE: OT Museum of the Air Force (5/20/2018 5:17:47 AM)

Yep, you definitely should allocate a full day ... it is an amazing place! I saw it in 2014, only discovered it by accident on my way back to Chicago from New Orleans, and could only spend a half a day ... next time I'm in the US I'll allocate a full day!

Phil

apbarog -> RE: OT Museum of the Air Force (5/20/2018 5:38:59 AM)

And if you can't visit in person, visit the website:

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

On the right, you can choose "Explore Museum Exhibits".

LeeChard -> RE: OT Museum of the Air Force (5/20/2018 10:13:42 AM)

That's where my wife and I spent our honeymoon, I'm such a romantic LOL
It's a must see as far as I'm concerned.
You'll need a full day.

m10bob -> RE: OT Museum of the Air Force (5/20/2018 3:13:42 PM)

Took my wife there many years ago, right after they completed putting most of the preserved planes inside.
It is very visitor friendly, air-conditioned in the summer, and it has it's own cafeteria and gift shop with many books and model planes for sale.
They have planes from both world wars, and all wars since.
Outside they had a full sized replica quonset hut briefing room like in the movie and TV series "Twelve O'clock High".
Several different Air Force One planes are there as well.
I enjoyed walking up a ramp which went into the open bomb bay of a Convair B-36...which I used to watch fly over my Indiana home in the fifties.(They make B-17's and B 24's look small!)
We were able to see everything and film it all on a camcorder back then...and still manage to go south to King's Island down the same Interstate within maybe 40 minutes?
Wife and I had a great time that one day.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI