Unequal purchasing points? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

hhsohn -> Unequal purchasing points? (6/9/2001 1:57:00 AM)

I've been playing a meeting engagement PBEM game as British against the Germans, and I've noticed that I have way more units than my opponents. We've started the game with equal points, and I've checked the costs on the tanks that we've been using, and their costs are about the same. Does the game give British more points or something?

Lars Remmen -> (6/9/2001 2:07:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by hhsohn: I've been playing a meeting engagement PBEM game as British against the Germans, and I've noticed that I have way more units than my opponents. We've started the game with equal points, and I've checked the costs on the tanks that we've been using, and their costs are about the same. Does the game give British more points or something?
Hello, I think this is a result of having 'True Troop Cost' on. The more experienced the unit the more expensive it is.

BA Evans -> (6/9/2001 2:13:00 AM)

Are you using 'true troop cost'? These settings will consider the individual unit's experience level and adjust its cost. Let's pretend that both the German's and British bought tanks that are exactly the same cost (100 points) in the encylopedia. Since German tanks generally have higher experience, their tank's cost will be adjusted upwards (105 points) while the British tank's cost would probably be adjusted downwards (95 points). This is a very rough example. Hope it helps. Also, go into the preferences and make sure both sides have the same amount of battle points. BA Evans [ June 08, 2001: Message edited by: BA Evans ]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI