AE Editor question. Change Ship Classes data, change Ships data? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

el lobo -> AE Editor question. Change Ship Classes data, change Ships data? (6/1/2018 12:11:25 AM)

I made a new Class of ships and then created some ships using that Class. I played around with the new ships for awhile and decided to make some changes in the Class data, e.g., add/remove a gun.

To effect the new changes for the ships in that Class, I had to go to each ship and re-select the (new but same name) Class.

Is there an easier way to “refresh” the Ships data in that Class without having to re-select each of them?

TIA

wdolson -> RE: AE Editor question. Change Ship Classes data, change Ships data? (6/1/2018 1:44:23 AM)

You could output the scenario file to Excel CSV which will allow you to change blocks at a time.

LargeSlowTarget -> RE: AE Editor question. Change Ship Classes data, change Ships data? (6/1/2018 5:45:32 AM)

Select the "Ships" tab, then go to "Tools" menu and select "Set Ships...", on the "Set Ship" panel" click the checkbox "Update weapon from class" and "Apply".

Edit: You must also select the "Nationality" > "All nations".

[image]local://upfiles/1313/69EC791A89B84C0BB9A63A7A3FFAC128.jpg[/image]

Dili -> RE: AE Editor question. Change Ship Classes data, change Ships data? (6/1/2018 10:35:41 AM)

Did not know that LST. Thanks.

el lobo -> RE: AE Editor question. Change Ship Classes data, change Ships data? (6/1/2018 12:43:19 PM)

Thank you wdolson. I am still learning that system and will use it in the future, but for now, LST's solution is exactly for what I was looking.

Thank you both for your quick responses.

btd64 -> RE: AE Editor question. Change Ship Classes data, change Ships data? (6/1/2018 1:01:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Select the "Ships" tab, then go to "Tools" menu and select "Set Ships...", on the "Set Ship" panel" click the checkbox "Update weapon from class" and "Apply".

Edit: You must also select the "Nationality" > "All nations".

[image]local://upfiles/1313/69EC791A89B84C0BB9A63A7A3FFAC128.jpg[/image]

Now that is the most useful thing I've seen in a while. Thanks LST....GP

LargeSlowTarget -> RE: AE Editor question. Change Ship Classes data, change Ships data? (6/1/2018 4:22:05 PM)

Glad to be of service.

The other tabs also have the "Tools" menu with different options to update / modify data across the board.

There are some interesting options, like setting pilot experience randomly between selected min and max values.

Careful with updating LCUs using TOE info - some units in stock / base mod scenarios start the game with a TOE number assigned, but their actual TOE is different on purpose (starting the war over-strength for example). If you update, those units will revert to their standard TOE.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI