AA fire freezes game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support

Mayhemizer_slith -> AA fire freezes game (6/6/2018 11:15:07 AM)

Version 2.7.1

Solitaire

Fire both French and German AA guns. When Germany fires, button goes grey and game freezes. When I played this, I saved at this stage and moved on normally. When I came back reloading game, I was not able to move on.

Or actually I can click the green button, but it goes grey and nothing happens. I reloaded game from Ground support CAP phase and same thing happened.

Mayhemizer_slith -> RE: AA fire freezes game (6/6/2018 11:46:01 AM)

Also if German AA fires result 2 vs factor 3 bomber it negates bomber. I guess bomber should be able to provide 1 point ground support after that.

Edit: I think I wrong about this part, it works right now when I tested it again.

eouellet -> RE: AA fire freezes game (6/6/2018 9:11:42 PM)

Got the same problem.

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: AA fire freezes game (6/14/2018 3:45:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mayhemizer

Version 2.7.1

Solitaire

Fire both French and German AA guns. When Germany fires, button goes grey and game freezes. When I played this, I saved at this stage and moved on normally. When I came back reloading game, I was not able to move on.

Or actually I can click the green button, but it goes grey and nothing happens. I reloaded game from Ground support CAP phase and same thing happened.

In this game the German AA is part of a land attack against an enemy hex. The rules are vague as to whether it should be able to also fire during the AA subphase of land combat (against defending air units flying ground support).

Currently the program splits the difference, letting the attacker fire his AA unit, but then not implementing the fire against the enemy bomber (the game hangs at that point of confusion).

===

I am thinking of modifying the code so if an AA unit belonging to the attacker is part of a land attack, then it cannot fire during the AA phase. I know that the defender can do both. But it seems a lot to ask of an attacking unit.

But I am open to feedback on this "rules question".

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: AA fire freezes game (6/14/2018 3:46:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: eouellet

Got the same problem.

If you have a saved game for this, I would like to have a copy.

paulderynck -> RE: AA fire freezes game (6/14/2018 5:11:56 AM)

An Attacking AA unit can definitely fire at defender ground support aircraft and still be part of the attacking force, and maintain any doubling against defending armor/mech if also red-circled. It must flip even if the attack results in all other attackers staying face-up.

The rules say "If firing against aircraft providing ground support, turn the AA unit face-down after Advancing after combat (see 11.16.5)." Advancing after combat states: "If the combat leaves the target hex empty of enemy land units (MiF option 6: except supply units), you can advance any of your attacking units into the hex."

If the AA could not also attack, despite firing AA, then there would be no need for the wording above.

Also if you could not do both, you'd be plagued by players doing extensive calculations over the balance of losing FREX 6 already committed attack factors versus getting rid of 1 or 2 or 3 etc. defending aircraft factors.

michaelbaldur -> RE: AA fire freezes game (6/14/2018 2:06:35 PM)

the FAQ, agrees. you can use offensive AA

Centuur -> RE: AA fire freezes game (6/14/2018 4:47:41 PM)

Agreed. That's RAW...

eouellet -> RE: AA fire freezes game (6/15/2018 8:49:33 PM)

Hi Steve,

I was able to re-create it. The conditions are as follow:

- AA unit is not part of the land attack;
- No ground support nor interception from the attacker;
- Select all shots for the AA unit.

The AA fire result shows, but once the plane is selected, all the buttons at the bottom turn dark gray, and are unselectable.
It seems to occur only if the plane Tac level is not fully reduced. I had to run it a few times, but got the error more than once.

Thanks

eouellet -> RE: AA fire freezes game (6/15/2018 8:50:32 PM)

Here is what it looks like.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI