Free French Fun (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

LordOfPants -> Free French Fun (6/7/2018 7:30:07 PM)

In my latest game as the Allies, after the fall of France I had 3 infantry corps, 1 engineer, and 1 fighter decide to fight on with the British. I didn't move that much out of France, I had moved the colonial forces and Spanish engineers to Egypt, based the French air force in Britain with the special forces unit from Finland, and evacuated one corps before France fell. I don't know that they'll be all that useful against the AI, but it's always nice to have extra units. Anyone else had an unusually large or interesting mix of units fighting on?

Taxman66 -> RE: Free French Fun (6/7/2018 8:01:53 PM)

Just an FYI, the Free French planes are even less useful than the ground units; as they can not be attached to UK HQs. About the only thing they are good for is Recon.

Also be careful about how much you spend upgrading the Free French units. Once France is back in play they are turned back over to France... Which means they are limited by French Tech levels,
so they blow up all their trucks and other modern equipment.

Harun -> RE: Free French Fun (6/7/2018 9:18:48 PM)

I am playing against the Allies AI, and they took over Syria when I was fighting in NA. When I liberated Syria, I received some Vichy unit.

That's not quite the same, is it?

Taxman66 -> RE: Free French Fun (6/7/2018 10:19:51 PM)

No, Vichy units are just like any other minor.
Be aware though, I think Vichy France can switch sides.

LordOfPants -> RE: Free French Fun (6/9/2018 2:56:29 AM)

I'm glad I posted this, I hadn't noticed that the French units can't attach. They're still useful to a degree, but not as nice as I thought at first.

PvtBenjamin -> RE: Free French Fun (6/9/2018 10:57:50 AM)

The engineer is very useful.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI