Cinematic Intro (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

mamnich24 -> Cinematic Intro (6/8/2018 3:03:14 PM)

Just downloaded game.
Is there no cinematic intro with TOAWIV?
If there is, how do I activate it?
Thanks,
Mike

larryfulkerson -> RE: Cinematic Intro (6/8/2018 4:38:15 PM)

Hey Mike: Most people are wondering how to turn it off; my advice: leave it off. Use Windows Explorer to find the movie file and use the right-click menu option
"play with...." and then choose the program you'd like to play your movie, usually an MS product that comes with WIN7 or WIN10 whichever you have.

Rainbow7 -> RE: Cinematic Intro (6/8/2018 5:22:20 PM)

Turn off a cinematic video? Is there even a video? I’ve never had one when starting my game.

larryfulkerson -> RE: Cinematic Intro (6/8/2018 5:25:13 PM)

Previous versions of the release included a movie that played everytime
and I mean everytime, you started up TOAW it tried to play a movie and
you had a specific switch that you had to toggle to turn it off. Recent
releases seem to have dispensed with the introductory movie. Good.

Rainbow7 -> RE: Cinematic Intro (6/8/2018 5:41:14 PM)

(I like the intro videos)

mamnich24 -> RE: Cinematic Intro (6/8/2018 6:16:24 PM)

Dear Larry,
I like the intro. It doesn't play on my install.
How do I find the movie file? I looked in all the folders in TOAWIV, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.
Can you point me to the folder and file I'm looking for?
Thanks,
Mike

mamnich24 -> RE: Cinematic Intro (6/8/2018 6:42:42 PM)

The Manual says the last choices in the Options Menu should be to turn on or off the cinematic intro movie. My install does not have those options. How do I get them?
Mike

larryfulkerson -> RE: Cinematic Intro (6/8/2018 7:51:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mamnich
Dear Larry,
I like the intro. It doesn't play on my install. How do I find the movie file? I looked in all the folders in TOAWIV, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Can you point me to the folder and file I'm looking for?
Thanks,
Mike

Yeah, I know...I looked for it too. It's been deleted from the install I guess.

quote:

ORIGINAL: mamnich
The Manual says the last choices in the Options Menu should be to turn on or off the cinematic intro movie. My install does not have those options. How do I get them?
Mike

Unfortunately the manual is outdated again because those choices are missing from the menu intentionally.
The new patch makes them superfluous.

mamnich24 -> RE: Cinematic Intro (6/8/2018 9:26:53 PM)

So, is there any way to get the intro back or access it? Is it in an earlier version so someone could send me the movie file, or is it still there; and if still there, where exactly is it and what is it called? Thanks,
Mike

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Cinematic Intro (6/8/2018 11:13:51 PM)

I don't see one in the TOAW IV folder. There is a 'TOAW3 Intro' in TOAW III, I zipped it but it is too large to post here [:(]

mamnich24 -> RE: Cinematic Intro (6/9/2018 12:04:44 AM)

1. Was the cinematic intro unchanged from TOAW3? I have TOAW3; so have that file.
2. I tried inserting it into the TOAWIV folder, but it would not play. There must be other files that order the playing of the file.
3. Apparently, the intro was in TOAWIV in the beginning, so it and its associated files must still be around somewhere.
Thanks for anyone's help. I'd like to re-insert it in my game if possible.

Mike

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Cinematic Intro (6/9/2018 8:29:35 AM)

As far as I can tell, a new one wasn't made for IV. I would guess that the option to play it was removed.

mamnich24 -> RE: Cinematic Intro (6/10/2018 2:21:20 AM)

Dear Friends,
What's so difficult about adding the option to play the intro back in. It's still and option for those who want to play it, and those who don't can check it off.
Any chance of getting the option reinstated. I'd like that.
Mike

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI