RE: Best Strategic Games by Wars / Era ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

DonCzirr -> RE: Best Strategic Games by Wars / Era ? (6/21/2018 7:34:39 PM)

Thanks JReb ... yes that does not look too promising.

I found this on the Victory and Glory product page:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/03/25/the-flare-path-black-berets-red-bearskins/

V&G Review

The reviewer actually compared it to WON and gave high marks to V&G.

It's too bad about WON - looks like it had a lot of potential.

jack54 -> RE: Best Strategic Games by Wars / Era ? (6/21/2018 7:59:57 PM)

Well I'm almost an Ageod fan-boy but never purchased WON.I was really afraid it would be too much for the engine.

V&G can be fun but I'm not sure for how long. Area based movement and then chits are move to a battle board. I boot it up once in a while but not often. Similar system as Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War but in my opinion not as good.

(If Ageod interest you but you're not sure, I don't recommend starting with any of their large games...it's easy to be overwhelmed, their Ancient games IMHO are very good. (AJE, Birth of Rome and Hannibal: Terror of Rome).

On a smaller scale I have really enjoyed The English Civil War and on a not so small scale Thirty Years War (but I keep starting over... I never finish)

DonCzirr -> RE: Best Strategic Games by Wars / Era ? (6/21/2018 8:15:18 PM)

Thanks for the tips jack.

V&G is just $9.89 USD right now over at Steam - so that seems like a safe gamble.

AJE / Birth of Rome are also around the same price - so now, seems like the right time to strike ! [;)]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI