Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports

LLv34Mika -> Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/15/2018 5:11:25 PM)

Hi everyone,

this is our second game. I played my very first game as Axis vs KZ and lost (no big surprise). Since we both had no game running it was a perfect situation for a rematch.

KZ started his Blitzkrieg. Heavy losses for the defenders of Poland but I think there was a little mistake already. One of his fighter squadrons was in range of a polish army. Not a very strong one but better than nothing. 4 damage dealt to a German fighter in turn 1 is pretty ok.

The antiquated tactical bombers made a desperate move and tried to deal some damage to a German HQ. 2 damage... by far more than I was hoping for.

Everything else is confidential. Let's see how that game evolves. No diplo moves of Mr Ribbentrop so far.

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/15/2018 9:31:02 PM)

Snapshot before the fall...

[image]http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1736/42773786782_111086f97f_b.jpg[/image]

room -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/15/2018 11:40:24 PM)

That is some heavy polish counter attack! They deserve poems and all the iron they ll soon get [:D]

LLv34Mika -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/16/2018 7:07:22 AM)

Poland surrendered... already curious how KZ will start his war in the west.

France replaced the Maginot Line armies with smaller corps to have more powerful units for the (hopefully long) way to Paris.

German subs are not hunting so far but one British sub is already raiding the Norway convoy line. To my big surprise Germany did not start any diplomatic efforts in the first two turns. I was a bit sceptic but now I started my own efforts. Very lucky too as it seems since I already got a 14% hit for Spain in the first turn. Would be great to see Spain staying out of the war.

Everything else quiet so far.

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/16/2018 12:07:51 PM)

Will be trying something that has not been attempted in any AARs. I'm curious on how it will go down... [:D]

room -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/16/2018 12:20:32 PM)

No Molotov pact ? [:D]

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/16/2018 12:58:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: room

No Molotov pact ? [:D]

Nah... can't be that. Crispy tried that one already vs Sugar.

Nov '39, denmark and luxenbourg are captured...

LLv34Mika -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/16/2018 1:23:44 PM)

Stalin honored the pact but did not accept any changes.

The first surprising thing was that the Germans hurried the production of the Fallschirmjaeger. Probably trying an early sealion?
France did choose to let the communist party spread their anti war propaganda. Stalin is happy about that but the French army is... well... they are French. What else should I add?

Spain still had a 2% pro allied (!) leaning.

Btw, perfect weather here. Probably goint to leave one day earlier. Maybe this was my last turn until tuesday evening.

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/16/2018 1:55:56 PM)

I had a clear sky-mud turn (Dec '39) in the west but since I just forced marched to death, I passed the opportunity to attack the low countries in favor of waiting for my readiness to rise again.

Taxman66 -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/16/2018 2:37:51 PM)

I presume Norway went with Denmark too?

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/17/2018 1:13:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

I presume Norway went with Denmark too?

I rarely if ever use the decision to conquer denmark. I do it manually. The decision for Norway isn't hasten when you do though, it will trigger on cue in the spring.

Taxman66 -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/17/2018 2:02:22 PM)

Ahh... wasn't keeping that close attention to the timing.

room -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/17/2018 3:21:48 PM)

Could you do tutorial on why doing dennark mannually? I'm curious... it's just for the pillage? how much is it? 30-40 ?

Taxman66 -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/17/2018 3:36:07 PM)

Mostly because he's stubborn. [:'(]

I would have to run tests but it may actually be a bad decision if manually declaring war increases US and/or Soviet Mobilization levels.

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/17/2018 3:36:12 PM)

quote:

Could you do tutorial on why doing dennark mannually? I'm curious... it's just for the pillage? how much is it? 30-40 ?

quote:

Mostly because he's stubborn. [:'(]

Taxman is right. It started as a matter of principle, there's no game mechanic hurdle to really need it to have this done via decision. [:'(]

But now I keep doing it because of money. Cashing in on the early paradrop in Breslau is 50 mp and about as much in plunder. Unlocks about 16+ mpp per turn earlier. Plus saves on the cost of using the decision.

You have the medium bomber already in the general area and the breslau paradrop are about 2 force march to get into position. It's not like they would have much to do before Spring either...

Sugar -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/17/2018 4:15:35 PM)

What about Luxembourg?

Taxman66 -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/17/2018 4:40:50 PM)

Don't you loose a pip of experience on the paratrooper?

room -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/17/2018 5:05:47 PM)

So you win maybe about 165 to 180 by doing this? It's very precious at this stage of the game. And do you get a US diplo hit? a URSS one?

I might tried it on.

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/17/2018 6:37:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sugar

What about Luxembourg?

A bit of premptive preparation for moving west. Sometimes weather clears during winter and its nice to have a few extra hex closer to lunge at benelux.

quote:

Don't you loose a pip of experience on the paratrooper?

yepp, but its but a small sacrifice.

quote:

So you win maybe about 165 to 180 by doing this? It's very precious at this stage of the game. And do you get a US diplo hit? a URSS one?

I might tried it on.

You do trigger the usual ire from both... but you impress Italy too so they get more income from them.

Sugar -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/17/2018 7:12:37 PM)

Why not in the first turn?

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/17/2018 7:21:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sugar

Why not in the first turn?

Give a chance to reinforce/upgrade the unit doing the takeover first and since France will have two unit next to the city, the supply would be needlessly reduced by the time any warm spell hits during the winter.

PvtBenjamin -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/17/2018 8:40:17 PM)

Axis attacking Luxembourg should induce Holland & Belgium to join the Allies.

[:-]

Taxman66 -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/17/2018 9:08:13 PM)

Beware the rule of unintended consequences.

Doing that would significantly reduce US & USSR mobilization hits.

PvtBenjamin -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/17/2018 9:18:33 PM)

OK. Let me be more precise. Declaring War on Luxembourg includes the Mobilization impact on US & USSR as declaring war on Holland or Belgium and they enter the war.

Did I really have to say that?

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/17/2018 10:47:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PvtBenjamin

Axis attacking Luxembourg should induce Holland & Belgium to join the Allies.

[:-]

I don't think they did care about them that much. Holland sat on their hands in WWI after it was done and would probably hope to fall under the radar again. Belgium didn't turn belligerent in WWI after Luxembourg was invaded, for WWII it would probably do the same-ish, stay neutral as long as possible to give themselves time to prepare.

If anything I'd argue belgium would stay neutral if Germany went for only for holland for the same reason.

Taxman66 -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/17/2018 11:05:40 PM)

Who knows for sure, but I think Belgium was foolish not realize that they were going to be in it as soon as France & the UK declared war on Germany. Maybe they did, and felt Germany would treat them better if they didn't join the Allies.

I believe the way the game handles it is just fine. Though I do wish that the UK & USSR got their mobilization (or at least part of it) bumps when Belgium joins the Allies due to German declaration on the Netherlands.

LLv34Mika -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/19/2018 7:00:43 PM)

Back from holiday... three perfect days of golf!

The USSR was expelled from the league of nations for attacking Finnland. Still at 22% mob. I hope the next DOWs will push that towards 30%.

Snow in Europe might also delay the attack some more days or weeks. Not sure if the weather will turn better in January. I'm still not sure if I should help Mannerheim to win the winter war. Two cheap units in any way and in the best case a minor power that is leaning towards the allies forcing Germany to invest some more diplo chits.

Sugar -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/19/2018 7:28:31 PM)

quote:

I'm still not sure if I should help Mannerheim to win the winter war. Two cheap units in any way and in the best case a minor power that is leaning towards the allies forcing Germany to invest some more diplo chits.

In worst case the Sovyets will move 8-12% to the Axis, leave Leningrad vulnerable to attacks from Finnland and denying any chance to wipe out some of the Finns at their joining. The costs of accepting are also high.

Earlier on the Finns also deployed at full strength instead of half, but I haven't noticed that during the last 2 patches, so maybe that's changed.

LLv34Mika -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/20/2018 9:25:01 PM)

March 1940

so far a winter wonderland. I guess the DOWs on the Netherlands and Belgium will follow this turn. The long winter gave me enough time to breathe and to order some units.

But the best thing was another 12% diplo hit on Spain. Spain is already at 14% towards allies. That is a long shot for the Axis to get Franco into the war. And France is still alive. There are still some turns to go and more chances coming. I'm already dreaming of a Spanish dictator changing his mind and joining the allies. [;)]

Stalin annexed some land and a port in Finnland.

Still curious what KZ will try this time. Couldn't see any new things so far. I will probably see the difference when it is too late.

LLv34Mika -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (6/21/2018 6:41:59 AM)

April 40

Netherlands are conquered, Belgium has joined France.
USSR Mob at 25%

UK ships and subs continue their attacks on German shipping routes.
As it seems Mr KZ decided to play a slow game but no risk of losing any units!? Might have to do with his last game. I still remember my game vs sugar. Couldn't do a scratch until late 1942 and that was pretty annoying. I guess he will try the same. ...with a few flaws in his game I hope.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI