RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports

Sugar -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/4/2018 11:02:28 AM)

Hehe, the strategical advantage is undoubtly on your side, but I like to read some more of this AAR. [8D]

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/4/2018 12:05:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sugar

Hehe, the strategical advantage is undoubtly on your side, but I like to read some more of this AAR. [8D]

It's fun to see the impact of the changes of the new patch. Just fixing the combat odds gave a new lease on life on the russians. Makes defence more viable, counter-attack easier.

Sugar -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/4/2018 1:34:37 PM)

quote:

Makes defence more viable, counter-attack easier.

Well, defence is benefitting more, you can never do more damage than strenghpoints existing and you will never gain strengthpoints. But that's a minor flaw in SC3 Scenarios, in Breakthrough, where HQs couldn't support more than 5 units, a few bad roles in a row could be game changing, since the HQ as well as the units could lose xp instead gaining, and the enemy accordingly.

LLv34Mika -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/4/2018 4:30:19 PM)

USSR is at more than 60 units... that are the good news
Still producing more than KZ can destroy... also good

Allied fighters and bombers are gaining experience and technology is ok. Also good news.

The bad news are that there is only Stalingrad left so I will have to take one of the key cities. Paris, Algier, Cairo... just don't know where to strike first.

But it pretty sure that 1943 will be a deciding year. I wonder how many of the 130 German units are useless garrisons and corps just holding/guarding vital positions. But I guess I can subtract at least 30 or 40 units.

And 90 Germans vs 60 - 70 Russians sounds much better.

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/4/2018 5:12:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LLv34Mika

USSR is at more than 60 units... that are the good news
Still producing more than KZ can destroy... also good

Allied fighters and bombers are gaining experience and technology is ok. Also good news.

The bad news are that there is only Stalingrad left so I will have to take one of the key cities. Paris, Algier, Cairo... just don't know where to strike first.

But it pretty sure that 1943 will be a deciding year. I wonder how many of the 130 German units are useless garrisons and corps just holding/guarding vital positions. But I guess I can subtract at least 30 or 40 units.

And 90 Germans vs 60 - 70 Russians sounds much better.

Well, at least remove useless Russian corps from your tally too. [:D]

As for Allied pilots, let's see how much of them are left after the conclusion of the battle of Britain. [:D]

[image]http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1762/43198424871_f7ef6cedd3_b.jpg[/image]

LLv34Mika -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/4/2018 5:38:26 PM)

oh come on you lucker... end of December and no rain, no snow, nothing...

I was planning to move my air groups back but refitted and upgraded them last turn. The worst thing is that my bombers already started to search for targets further away to know if the Luftwaffe is coming back. But rain in the last two turns prevented any air missions.

I hope you speak your prayer every turn. First your magic Spain diplo hits and now the weather (btw, no snow in the east for some strange reason).
At least "only" four air groups were destroyed and they will be back before summer. All in all operating your planes to the west should be at least as costy as it is for me to rebuild them.

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/4/2018 6:11:08 PM)

quote:

oh come on you lucker... end of December and no rain, no snow, nothing...

I was planning to move my air groups back but refitted and upgraded them last turn. The worst thing is that my bombers already started to search for targets further away to know if the Luftwaffe is coming back. But rain in the last two turns prevented any air missions.

I hope you speak your prayer every turn. First your magic Spain diplo hits and now the weather (btw, no snow in the east for some strange reason).
At least "only" four air groups were destroyed and they will be back before summer. All in all operating your planes to the west should be at least as costy as it is for me to rebuild them.

2800mpp in plane losses (to about 700mpp of mine and probably as much in operating costs)

The real question is how long can London hold? [;)]

Weather is often milder in the Ukraine, Caucasus but of course my magic weathermen turned the landscape to snow at the end of my turn. [:'(]

Sugar -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/4/2018 6:23:36 PM)

quote:

At least "only" four air groups were destroyed and they will be back before summer

Doesn't look like this will last until summer.

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/4/2018 7:49:07 PM)

quote:

quote:

At least "only" four air groups were destroyed and they will be back before summer

Doesn't look like this will last until summer.

Accounting for bad weather, I'm thinking around august? Anyway, for all the trash talk and taunts this is a pretty hotly contested game. Two aggressive players, bit too reckless for their own good, makes for an entertaining AAR. [:)]

[image]http://farm1.staticflickr.com/925/43151039112_7ab7c557d7_b.jpg[/image]

It's bit hard to see but I cut the north and south rail line to the city in the middle of his defensive lines. The HQ in the area was bombed but winter saved it. (snow half attacks value of air unit too right?) His whole line should have supply issues now.

Rockets have been bombing Rostov for a couple of turns now, keeping it at supply 0.

Sugar -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/4/2018 8:15:46 PM)

As long as the port delivers supply...

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/4/2018 8:29:17 PM)

quote:

As long as the port delivers supply...

Does it? I was wondering because in Malta it seemed only the city mattered for supply. [&:]

Sugar -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/4/2018 10:26:26 PM)

That's why the port should be blocked, to prevent it from supplying (1 ship is enough). No blockade = full supply. And ports also provide 6 supply to adjacent hexes (if at 6 of course), if you're placing an HQ in Taganrog, it will provide 10 supply.

quote:

I'm thinking around august?

Until then there will be 8 AAs in and around London supported by HQs, you'll have to plan an invasion. It`s possible to destroy 1 single AA, even if placed in London (bombers won't do more than 1 damage each in this case, and you could still have 10 of them).

I thought you to have Stalingrad already, in this situation it can still be a long war. Btw, I hope my hints are valuable for both opponents.

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/4/2018 10:36:13 PM)

quote:

That's why the port should be blocked, to prevent it from supplying (1 ship is enough). No blockade = full supply. And ports also provide 6 supply to adjacent hexes (if at 6 of course), if you're placing an HQ in Taganrog, it will provide 10 supply.

quote:

I'm thinking around august?

Until then there will be 8 AAs in and around London supported by HQs, you'll have to plan an invasion. It`s possible to destroy 1 single AA, even if placed in London (bombers won't do more than 1 damage each in this case, and you could still have 10 of them).

I thought you to have Stalingrad already, in this situation it can still be a long war. Btw, I hope my hints are valuable for both opponents.

Ah, I didn't know ports worked like that. I thought blockading was limited to having 2 ships next to a port to reduce its strength. Thanks for the info! [:)]

[image]https://media3.giphy.com/media/3og0IMJcSI8p6hYQXS/giphy.gif[/image]

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/5/2018 11:30:59 AM)

The Russian launched another counter attack destroying German minor armies. Germany responded by destroying two HQs by air and upgrading its tank to tech level 4. The Soviet finnish expeditionary force is on its way back to Leningrad where the germans are waiting entrenched in the forest to the north... While I left sizable defenses in the area, I'm a bit surprised to see them there. I thought they would have railed to petsamo, walked to murmansk and railed to Stalingrad.

LLv34Mika -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/5/2018 8:18:43 PM)

The biggest problem is where I should hide my HQs. The Luftwaffe is killing everything, no matter how many AA guns I place around my units. The western allies should hurry up. I really hope to be back with my air force in late summer. Might be too late at all.

But if they come back they are powerful again. And I really have to open a second front for your somewhere. Just don't know where (or don't want to tell you).

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/6/2018 5:39:22 PM)

Mika's falling back towards Stalingrad. I counter attack his tank north of Leningrad but chose not to destroy them as I prefer them stuck there, then rebuilt elsewhere. In the UK, the Axis still use its superior range to aggravate their airfleet and disrupt the american heavy bombers. Mines and factories on the mainland have repaired the damages from the allied carpet bombing.

[image]http://farm1.staticflickr.com/914/41430752570_31f57b68f6_b.jpg[/image]

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/6/2018 9:31:36 PM)

Another HQ goes boom, I only see one left in charge of Stalingrad defense and it gets pinged too but not destroyed.

In the north, Rockets (now level 5) get to work and start hammering the supply cities. There's three I need to reduce but I can deal 4 damage per attack.

[image]http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1769/43194823572_f737f8e5db_b.jpg[/image]

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/7/2018 8:13:17 AM)

In the north, Lappeerant being further my rockets are not as effective to hit it, only scoring 3 hits. I don't think I'll be able to fully shut down supply. There's just too many tanks/planes going to Stalingrad for Russia to handle. The UK lands some forces it had stashed in Persia (yepp, my spies had long told me about these guys [:D]). They spent so long over there in low supply that their readiness and morale are completely shot even before they landed out of supply.

[image]http://farm1.staticflickr.com/923/43202729212_f9610f18c3_b.jpg[/image]

LLv34Mika -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/7/2018 7:15:25 PM)

I'm only one inch away from beseeching Hubert to reduce the tactical bomber strike range. Impossible to have an HQ within command range. Even with 4 AA units next to a HQ it is destroyed with only very little damage to the incoming bombers. I'm really running out of options pretty soon.

IrishGuards -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/7/2018 7:24:08 PM)

I agree, each different air unit should have a max range.
As well, each existing naval unit, Fr BBs at start of the game for example
should have not 21 range, but 15 say, same for most of the UK BBs
And I also think some of these ships are not upgradeable, alot were WW1 ships.
in other games for example USA strat bmrs would have say range of 14, UK 12, ger 10
IG

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/7/2018 7:24:13 PM)

quote:

I'm only one inch away from beseeching Hubert to reduce the tactical bomber strike range. Impossible to have an HQ within command range. Even with 4 AA units next to a HQ it is destroyed with only very little damage to the incoming bombers. I'm really running out of options pretty soon.

I'm not sure you are attaching your AA to HQs. This would account for their dismal performance. However, most of the time I caught units either by drawing AA fire before, or units without AA cover.

Rocket update: It seems AA also protects city from damage which gives another reason not to ever use them. [8D]

LLv34Mika -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/7/2018 8:09:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KorutZelva

I'm not sure you are attaching your AA to HQs. This would account for their dismal performance. However, most of the time I caught units either by drawing AA fire before, or units without AA cover.

Rocket update: It seems AA also protects city from damage which gives another reason not to ever use them. [8D]

I did but I ran out of HQs recently...

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/7/2018 9:16:55 PM)

In august. As predicted. [:'(]

[image]http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1782/43263160261_1ecdd3d4b7_b.jpg[/image]

LLv34Mika -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/9/2018 3:17:21 PM)

The end is near as it seems... but my bomber raids showed that the Luftwaffe is not in France at the moment. Some fighters are somewhere near Vichy (by far out of range) and some Italian fighters near the Siegfried-Linie (same).

Since some bombers attacked Stalingrad last turn I guess the Luftwaffe is not operated yet. That will come now I think. Maybe one or two turns to get some readiness/morale and then London will fall. Somehow I have the strong feeling that there is not much I can do to prevent that. Unfortunately my tank scientists are idiots and didn't make any breakthroughs for a long time. Now my level 3 tanks face experienced level 4 tanks with higher morale. I can't even do a scratch...

If there are no wonders incoming I won't survive this year. Still to many turns to go, not even a need to hurry for KZ. Has anyone ever seen rain from late August until winter? THAT would help!

LLv34Mika -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/9/2018 5:25:50 PM)

I guess now we are on the edge of defeat... The whole Luftwaffe operated to the west. I was able to destroy one fighter and two tactical bombers and damage some other fighters and bombers. London is full with AA guns, everything is prepared for the big attack. Timestamp show middle of September 1943. I can only hope for rain and stormy sea (my carriers have joined the attack).

What is coming next? Will he try to go for London the direct way? Will he try to take out some of my carriers and/or my airforce first? Will there be enough time to plan everything before the weather turns bad again?

My only little success this turn: I captured the saudi port again. My units are back in supply and two Italian armies are captured with 0 supply. That port is safe. Unfortunately that port is not deciding this game.

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/9/2018 5:56:52 PM)

I tried to go for the jugular to shorten your agony but at AA level 4, London was not falling from pure bombing. I'll have to take the tedious approach and clear the air fleets first. [:'(]

Rockets did indeed disrupt supply north of Leningrad, units are getting destroyed in low supply.

The Road to the Caucasus is cut, which should cost about 200mpp to the Russians.

LLv34Mika -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/9/2018 7:32:22 PM)

London AA did not take a single point damage. First good news!
German bombers took many hits when trying to attack London, that's also welcome.
IIRC it is raining in Europe, that would be more than perfect!
German army destroyed in boats, the next good thing.
The German army in dover should be very low on supply and the port in Calais is out of order. No more short range amphibious landings possible.
Two German subs sunk (one level 1 sub diving 8 times in a row I think... sorry but this has to be a bug, it happens all the time and that should be almost impossible)

Heavy losses again and the two carriers are really missing now but maybe that was what I had to sacrifice to stay alive. If I can really make it to 1944 I might get another chance to change this game. But the odds are 1:10 I guess.

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/9/2018 8:59:19 PM)

You'll have to redo your turn because you're still listed as red.

LLv34Mika -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/10/2018 4:40:03 AM)

ok, this is a bit annoying

bad battle results now... the only good thing was that your sub was not diving anymore what means I have 7 destroyers around with nothing to do.

Tirpitz not destroyed, was destroyed first
and the worst thing: no rain over Europe. Bombers and fighters can do as they please.

Now I can only hope that the damage done in the first raid is enough to prevent a second one.

KorutZelva -> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) (7/10/2018 8:56:48 AM)

quote:

ok, this is a bit annoying

bad battle results now... the only good thing was that your sub was not diving anymore what means I have 7 destroyers around with nothing to do.

Tirpitz not destroyed, was destroyed first
and the worst thing: no rain over Europe. Bombers and fighters can do as they please.

Now I can only hope that the damage done in the first raid is enough to prevent a second one.

I'll be fairplay and not use this to my advantage. Let it be known that I am merciful. [:'(]

Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI