RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports

Bearcat2 -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/22/2018 11:56:14 AM)

In this mod:

"1. Japan--at all costs--sticks to its goal of 70% for CAs (instead of 60%). Japan is authorized to build a total of 14 CAs."

Except the quota was by tonnage; by tonnage, Japan is 110% Banzai! [:)]

jwolf -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/22/2018 12:58:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

December 14, 1941

2nd, 5th, 22nd and Imperial Guards Divisions para-assault and take Singapore.

Banzai! Banzai! Banzai!

Reminds me of the old Star Trek episode with the rogue Harry Mudd, who was living on some planet with dozens of hot android babes, along with one model based on his shrewish ex-wife. At the end of the show, after the Enterprise crew have "repaired" the facility, poor Mudd is mobbed by not one, but multiple copies of her. He sees with terror that one of them is numbered 500.

GetAssista -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/22/2018 1:03:54 PM)

[:D]
A noticeable lack of cursing the land combat model though. Or the sign that things are not going well enough in China?

Anachro -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/22/2018 2:56:48 PM)

I came into this thread thinking it was a joke due to the name of its poster, but I have been convinced by the subsequent postings that it is the real deal and I apologize to John 3rd for this blatant breach of his operational security. [:D]

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd
I worked 23 hours today, watched all eight Star Wars flicks with my boys, and cooked a rotisserie marmot that I shot yesterday.

quote:

An Uber driver knocked over a light pole today. It resulted in a power surge that knocked out every electronic device in my house, including my gaming computer.

+1 to both of these based on our email correspondence so far. I had to laugh! [;)]

BBfanboy -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/22/2018 2:59:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anachro

I came into this thread thinking it was a joke due to the name of its poster, but I have been convinced by the subsequent postings that it is the real deal and I apologize to John 3rd for this blatant breach of his operational security. [:D]

quote:

I worked 23 hours today, watched all eight Star Wars flicks with my boys, and cooked a rotisserie marmot that I shot yesterday.

quote:

An Uber driver knocked over a light pole today. It resulted in a power surge that knocked out every electronic device in my house, including my gaming computer.

+1 to both of these based on our email correspondence so far. I had to laugh! [;)]

The real question is, was the Uber vehicle a driverless Tesla that needed to recharge ...

Lecivius -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/22/2018 3:20:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anachro

quote:

quote:

The real question is, was the Uber vehicle a driverless Tesla that needed to recharge ...

After reading all this I need to recharge [:D][sm=party-smiley-012.gif]

Chickenboy -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/22/2018 6:41:15 PM)

quote:

December 18, 1941

I wonder why so many people are posting so frequently in Dan's AAR?

I wouldn't worry about it, John. They're probably just comparing notes on who can post the most whimsical, yet supple discussion of some tree or the other. Pretty soon they'll get around to taking turns and bragging about the size of their...naval bases.

uncivil_servant -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/22/2018 7:36:37 PM)

I know this is humor and hyperbole but have you been watching the other game using this mod (NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A)) in FEBRUARY Japan has taken; All of Ceylon, most of India, All of western and northern Australia, invading Eastern Australia, and the historical stuff. So your humorous hyperbole is funny and exaggerated.... But it isn't THAT exaggerated. But I'm sure the extra tools the Allies get will be able to push out the entrenched IJ Forces out of Conquered India, China, Australia and whatever else they take in 42' and 43'.

quote:

December 13, 1941

I have to admit this mod gives Japan alot of goodies, but that's counterbalanced by all the stuff the Allies get. The RN gets three extra Vampire-class DDs disbanded in port at Port Stanely with 97% SYS damage, reflecting my reluctance to equip the Allies so. And the Americans get 200 extra Marauders effective January 1, 1946.

Anachro -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/22/2018 7:52:16 PM)

I haven't extensively categorized the changes to the Allied OOB, but it seems to get some extra french CAs/CLs/DDs, maybe a BB, an extra Dutch CL, one BC added to Force Z, a British CV at game start, Wasp upgraded to a Yorktown-class, CV Ranger, a few extra CVEs, and some (4?) Cruiser/CV hybrids (~15 a/c) that can later covert to CVLs (~30 a/c). So not too shabby, perhaps not commensurate (can't really say), but the later Allied material advantage should make itself felt nonetheless.

Canoerebel -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/23/2018 7:41:53 PM)

January 2, 1942

Michael is on vacation, so I've set aside my economic issues until he gets back. In the meantime, I'm going to focus my efforts in places where supply is relatively flush.

Operation Ichi Goo: To this point, I haven't moved any units in China. (Did I mention that I don't enjoy the land war in Asia? If I didn't, I'm sure someone else did for me.) I'm considering which ones I want to move and where.

Canoerebel -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/23/2018 10:51:46 PM)

January 3, 1942

Easter Egg No. 1: I tweaked SigInt a bit to eliminate the use "chatter" like this:

Radio transmissions detected at Babar (76,117).

Then I tweaked it a bit to give Japan a little helpful stuff. Here's today's report:

SIG INT REPORT FOR Jan 02, 42

CV Hornet has a complement of 20 fighters, 36 dive bombers, 30 torpedo bombers
She is in TF 3 in hex 114, 73, heading due West at regular speed
Her commander is Mark Mischer
There are two other CVs in the TF
One of those is CV Enterprise
She has 22 SYS damage accuring after a flank speed run and a collision with CA Pensacoloa [another Easter Egg]
Hornet should be in hex 114, 67 tomorrow
Based upon current movement orders, she should be near Nagaoka in two days
Computer estimates raid on Home Island industry
Your nearest fighter squadrons are in Taiwan
Send every fighter back to the HI now.

Banzai!

Chickenboy -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/23/2018 11:36:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

Someone here is missing his playing buddy

You ain't just whistlin' Dixie.

I mean it literally. Have you, as a European, ever whistled Dixie? Do you know what this expression means?

John 3rd -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/24/2018 1:12:33 AM)

Damn. Go to my Mom's for five days and THIS happens.

Goodness...
[sm=00000030.gif][sm=00000116.gif][sm=00000436.gif]

Canoerebel -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/24/2018 1:33:30 AM)

January 4, 1942

Easter Egg No. 2: I got this surprising information. Have any of you ever seen this before? I swear this wasn't coded into my mod. I'm pretty sure. Banzai!

OPERATIONAL REPORT FOR Nov 06, 44

SS I-3506 reports having been sighted by the enemy at 180 , 107
SS I-3519 reports having been sighted by the enemy at 180, 109
Pearl Harbor reported sunk by upgraded salvo of Photon Torpedoes fired by SS I-3506 at 180 , 107
All units scheduled to arrive at Pearl Harbor erased from data base at 180 , 107

I'm pretty sure Pearl Harbor is gone, as I heard breaking up sounds.
Also, the Intel Screen reports 219 P-26 fighters destroyed "on Ground." [I bumped P-26 fighter production to 73 per month to enhance Allied air operations, since the next gen P-39 doesn't arrive unit 3/44.]

Scratch one "unsinkable flattop"!

Banzai!

Canoerebel -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/24/2018 2:00:47 AM)

I think my AAR is getting better and better. Look at this - It only took me twice as many posts to get the same number of replies!

Banzai!

[image]local://upfiles/8143/D048BC33325E4B22A6D8A2450DF085D4.jpg[/image]

adarbrauner -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/24/2018 2:43:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

I mean it literally. Have you, as a European, ever whistled Dixie? Do you know what this expression means?

dixieland?

Dixie River?

adarbrauner -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/24/2018 2:45:29 AM)

This sis devastating.

an unstoppable BLOB

BBfanboy -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/24/2018 4:42:47 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

dixieland?

Dixie River?

The Mason-Dixon line that defines the Northern and the Southern States.

BBfanboy -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/24/2018 4:44:30 AM)

quote:

I think my AAR is getting better and better. Look at this - It only took me twice as many posts to get the same number of replies!

Banzai!

[image]local://upfiles/8143/D048BC33325E4B22A6D8A2450DF085D4.jpg[/image]

Ahh, Postus envy, another sign of creeping age - or aging creeps! [:'(]

RangerJoe -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/24/2018 10:36:48 PM)

I spent a nice New Years weekend in London, England. A bunch of us went to a public house and at 7 pm they started playing music. The first song that was played was Dixie. Even though I am from the Northern most of the lower 48 states, I could sing along as well.

CaptBeefheart -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/25/2018 3:52:34 AM)

Have you spotted the 1x10*6 yet?

Cheers,
CC

Canoerebel -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/26/2018 5:57:12 PM)

January 5, 1942

Japanese Economy: I've just gotten word that it isn't possible to run my economy without fuel and supply. My opponent and I are restarting, using my Where the Chrysanthemums Bloom mod. Please disregard this thread and continue with the newest one titled "The Shattered Sword" (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4499197).

BillBrown -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/26/2018 8:13:58 PM)

We can not disregard such an elegant thread.

And we are still waiting for the justification of the house rule
that states that only a single 4 engine bomber may make a bomb run
per turn.

JeffroK -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/27/2018 6:33:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

I spent a nice New Years weekend in London, England. A bunch of us went to a public house and at 7 pm they started playing music. The first song that was played was Dixie. Even though I am from the Northern most of the lower 48 states, I could sing along as well.

At the end of the ACW Lincoln was happy to hear "Dixie" being played as he quite liked the tune.

Canoerebel -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/27/2018 10:55:06 AM)

That and the fact that he meant it when he said, "with malice towards none, with charity for all."

BBfanboy -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/27/2018 2:35:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffroK

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

At the end of the ACW Lincoln was happy to hear "Dixie" being played as he quite liked the tune.

Didn't Grant order his band to play "Dixie" after Lee surrendered at Appomattox and Confederate troops were marching away to dispersal to their homes? Another gesture of respect and goodwill toward brothers-in-arms.

Zorch -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/27/2018 5:20:05 PM)

In 'Outlaw Josie Wales', Client Eastwood says "Are you gonna whistle Dixie?" to 3 surprised Union soldiers.

BBfanboy -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/27/2018 8:44:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

In 'Outlaw Josie Wales', Client Eastwood says "Are you gonna whistle Dixie?" to 3 surprised Union soldiers.

[:D]
The clenched teeth belie his goodwill toward those red-legs!

RangerJoe -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/28/2018 12:24:46 AM)

And Edwin Booth saved Robert Lincoln. Edwin was a Unionist but did not know whom he had saved until he received a letter from a friend on Grant's staff telling him. He was much comforted by this after what his brother had done.

https://mentalfloss.com/article/56482/time-john-wilkes-booths-brother-saved-abe-lincolns-son

General Chamberlain had his men render honors to the Confederates as they marched in to surrender their arms. General Gordon returned those honors.

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/primary-sources/last-salute-army-northern-virginia

Timotheus -> RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (6/29/2019 7:55:14 AM)

I am missing the "I spotted two enemy AK and one AKL unloading on a south pacific atoll. I am 60 hexes away. Am flank speed going for it with my KB - I have 6 CV, 4 CVL, roughly 800 airplanes, just enough for the job."

Also the "The air fleet of 300 G5N2 Liz have started to bomb Panama canal from Tokyo. The canal is destroyed (possible in this mod!) and so further movement through it is prohibited." (uh, I feel that I have erred in this one, gave John an idea maybe I shouldn't).

And finally:
"It is 1943 and Japan is R&Ding the atomic bomb. Should come online in early 1944".

[:D] [:D] [:D]

All kidding aside, it is John's mod and all who play him know EXACTLY what they are getting into - an ironman mod where Japan has a hundred of new ships and planes types led by a super aggressive and competent AI

I think we must remember that this is a game, and it IS unrealistic (Japan routinely conquers China, anyone?). So why not make a fun mod to give Japan ironman scenario toys.

Someone wrote that John's mod was made specifically tailor made to allow John to play the game with his unique playstyle - hyper aggressive everywhere. The thing is, the answer to this is "duh!". OF course this mod is made by John for John, and it gives an experienced Allied player a very challenging and fun game.

ME, if I played the Allies in this vs John, would have lost San Francisco to a Japanese naval invasion in 1942 [:D]

I searched for Anarcho and John's AAR's because I enjoy Anarcho's AAR vs John a lot, to me the best AAR I have read on this game. Because of the mod, it is nonstop action. Sci fi Star Wars action but hey.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI