Ski troops (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Colonel von Blitz -> Ski troops (6/10/2001 2:13:00 AM)

I wrote about ski troops and their lacking ability to assault enemy vehicles. I was never answered by Matrix. So let's try again, especially now when I encountered interesting detail: I found out that (at least German) motorcycle MMG units, with three men and armed with only MG34 LMG, these units are capable of assaulting and taking out enemy armour :confused: Now I'm trying to picture a T-34 advancing when suddenly a motorcycle appears alongside with it...a guy climbs on the tank with LMG, opens the hatch and fires long bursts into the tank :D :D :D To be serious, I'm just wondering why ski troops are unable to assault enemy vehicles but motorcycles have this ability? Colonel von Blitz [ June 09, 2001: Message edited by: Colonel von Blitz ]

Colonel von Blitz -> (6/10/2001 2:06:00 PM)

Back to the top...

Arto -> (6/10/2001 5:57:00 PM)

You´re right! And remember what the Finns did when they didn´t have any AT-weapons: They took a log and few seconds later the tank was immobile. [ June 10, 2001: Message edited by: Arto ]

RockinHarry -> (6/11/2001 12:08:00 AM)

Hi Colonel, yes you´re right, there seems to be a problem or bug with this unit class. Also they don´t show up with their "headcount" which I consider pretty annoying. Should probably mentioned in this "bug consolidation" - thread. __________ Harry

Spike -> (6/11/2001 12:32:00 AM)

Is it just me or can't you 'overrun' ski troops either? There wasn't even any snow and I ran a T-34 up to a ski-troop unit and it said they weren't infantry (?) Oh yeah, and what did the Finns do with a log to stop a tank? (never heard that) :) Spike [ June 10, 2001: Message edited by: Spike ]

Alby -> (6/11/2001 12:39:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by RockinHarry: Hi Colonel, yes you´re right, there seems to be a problem or bug with this unit class. Also they don´t show up with their "headcount" which I consider pretty annoying. Should probably mentioned in this "bug consolidation" - thread. __________ Harry
I posted the "headcount" thing in the bug thread, I thought it was just the soviets tho all ski troops huh? the soviets says "ski inf x 1" in the buy screen,

Colonel von Blitz -> (6/11/2001 1:17:00 AM)

quote:

Oh yeah, and what did the Finns do with a log to stop a tank? (never heard that) :)
Check out a finnish movie Winter War, there finnish soldiers stucked a small log between sprocket wheel and track...this immobilizes the tank and another guy throws a molotov cocktail to engine intake :D Colonel von Blitz

Arto -> (6/11/2001 1:24:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Colonel von Blitz: Check out a finnish movie Winter War, there finnish soldiers stucked a small log between sprocket wheel and track...this immobilizes the tank and another guy throws a molotov cocktail to engine intake :D Colonel von Blitz
Perkhele, ehdit ensin.... It was a very common way to stop a tank, not just in the movie. And when the tank was stopped it was easy to destroy it even without molotovs. Couple of handgranades under the tank and soon the crew was surrendering...

IKerensky -> (6/11/2001 1:48:00 AM)

just look at them with OOB , they are defined as Inf-SAM , I do think that can be just the point.

Paul Vebber -> (6/12/2001 12:13:00 AM)

They are nimble litel buggers I guess - you could never overrn James Bond either on those skis ;) If they come up "inf-SAM" you are using an out of dat editor and could cause serious problems...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI