Fall Weiss II - Balance (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports

crispy131313 -> Fall Weiss II - Balance (8/9/2018 2:38:54 PM)

I know there have been many matches played of Fall Weiss II at this point, how balanced does PBEM feel? I have only played ~10 matches myself so any input would be greatly appreciated. I would really like to move towards a final version soon.

Thanks!

elxaime -> RE: Fall Weiss II - Balance (8/13/2018 11:53:04 PM)

My impression is that it is fairly well balanced. I think what would help though is a sort of Players Guide to explain the various decision trees and their impacts. Diplomacy plays a pretty big role and it is hard to understand the pros and cons of some of the choices, particularly as regards Greece and Yugoslavia.

sillyflower -> RE: Fall Weiss II - Balance (8/19/2018 11:38:40 AM)

The trouble with a guide is that there are pros and cons to everything. There is no magic bullet though some of the decisions are a no brainer. As an Englishman, I'm always tempted not to send the BEF, but I have resisted so fareg as it would not be a good move.

Some of the other diplo measures can be quantified eg how many MPPs the Nazis lose if the UK bribes the Greeks with 150MPPs. Others are much more opaque/nuanced as you say. However their usefulness can depend a lot on your and your opponent's strategies. You have to learn by practising - and by being practised on [X(]

elxaime -> RE: Fall Weiss II - Balance (8/19/2018 3:06:09 PM)

I agree its fun finding things out yourself and there is no absolute right answer. I just think a little more information would help newcomers. Not to the level of exact numbers/number crunching. But more like "if you do X, then Y and Z may happen."

crispy131313 -> RE: Fall Weiss II - Balance (8/20/2018 12:58:59 PM)

I do try to make the decision event text pretty informative, but there are of course some ancillary events that might come as a surprise. I had recently attempted to start a "Read Me" file but it's not anywhere near ready and it's not the funnest thing to do either [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI