Hubert Cater (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

kentcol -> Hubert Cater (8/12/2018 5:01:53 PM)

Any thought of making a Civil War game with this engine?

sillyflower -> RE: Hubert Cater (8/12/2018 9:04:42 PM)

There are a lot of civil wars to choose from [:D]

kentcol -> RE: Hubert Cater (8/12/2018 10:05:01 PM)

Not with this engine. [:D]

BiteNibbleChomp -> RE: Hubert Cater (8/12/2018 10:34:31 PM)

I've nearly finished a mod for Breakthrough that you might be interested in...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986

Not quite released yet but if you come back soon it will be [:)]

- BNC

Wolfe1759 -> RE: Hubert Cater (8/13/2018 10:09:26 PM)

BNC that looks rather interesting, keep up the good work. Even though it is that other civil war rather than the one I'm sure we were all talking about [:)]

Titan -> RE: Hubert Cater (8/14/2018 8:44:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kentcol

Losts of those around, Pacific theater or Even a Global war would be my preference

Taxman66 -> RE: Hubert Cater (8/14/2018 1:02:52 PM)

IMO, the engine, or rather the game mechanics, are sub... err non optimal for naval combat. Making a Pacific Theatre game not very desirable. At least for me.

nnason -> RE: Hubert Cater (8/14/2018 3:26:05 PM)

Agree few if any AIs do the Naval war well. However, human players can do well in the Atlantic and Pacific. Pacific game really requires a very different mindset as distances are vast and intel (except for USA code breaking) poor. Lots of mistakes were made by both sides during WWII due to faulty Intel and bad weather.

I for one want to see a SCIII Global so that the USA, Russia, and to a lesser extent the other Allies have to make global choices, just like WWII.

Taxman66 -> RE: Hubert Cater (8/14/2018 4:10:12 PM)

It's not because of the AI, at least for me.

I just don't care for the naval system as a whole. In a Pacific based game the naval game is primary instead of secondary as it is in a European theatre game.

kentcol -> RE: Hubert Cater (8/14/2018 10:00:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titan

quote:

Losts of those around, Pacific theater or Even a Global war would be my preference

True but what I was getting at is a Civil War game with this engine would be awesome. Just my thought.

BiteNibbleChomp -> RE: Hubert Cater (8/15/2018 12:29:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wolfe1759

BNC that looks rather interesting, keep up the good work. Even though it is that other civil war rather than the one I'm sure we were all talking about [:)]

I had feared that someone might say that [:D]

- BNC

PvtBenjamin -> RE: Hubert Cater (8/15/2018 10:43:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

It's not because of the AI, at least for me.

I just don't care for the naval system as a whole. In a Pacific based game the naval game is primary instead of secondary as it is in a European theatre game.

I enjoyed the global game very much and hope its the next venture but agree about the naval component. Hopefully there would be some major improvements. The amphib component also needs some major improvements. Large armies (tanks) using Long Range amphib with naval cruise needs to go.

James Taylor -> RE: Hubert Cater (8/15/2018 6:40:23 PM)

The whole system of improving units needs to be redone. Not a gigantic overhaul just some difference in the way we go about upgrading and then the ability to attach.

Upgrading should be an inherent improvement to the unit, like the way its done in Panzer Corps. You get new equipment and it will always be a part of the unit dynamics from the time of implementation.

Then comes the attachments. Those are the things that can be added or removed from the unit's combat traits at the players whim.

BiteNibbleChomp -> RE: Hubert Cater (8/22/2018 8:06:24 AM)

quote:

True but what I was getting at is a Civil War game with this engine would be awesome. Just my thought.

Well now you can, I've finished the mod!

I posted the discussion thread a few posts up, but I'll stick the download link here for anyone who is feeling a bit lazy [:)] http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

- BNC

BillRunacre -> RE: Hubert Cater (8/23/2018 6:57:46 PM)

Excellent news BiteNibbleChomp! [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI